INSTALLED XP OS BUT GOT NO SOUND!!!! HEEEEEELLLPPP!!!!!

• the-ologist
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

:evil:
HELLO

AT WORK WE received THREE NEW P4 SYSTEMS WITH WINDOWS 2000 OS, THIS OF COURSE WAS BAD SO WE TRIED INSTALLING WINDOWS XP. I COULDN'T ERASE THE WIN2000 PARTITION BECAUSE THE XP installation SAVED SOME TEMP FILES ON THE SAME PARTITION AND THE unpartitioned PART WAS TOO SMALL. SO I INSTALLED XP ON THE SAME PARTITION. NOW THE MAJOR PROBLEM IS THAT WINDOWS 2000 WORKED WELL BUT WINDOWS XP DIDN'T AND WONT INSTALL THE SOUND DRIVERS. THE SOUND EDITOR IS ALMOST AS IF IT DOESN'T EXIST. I FIGURED IF I WAS TO DELETE THE WIN2000 FOLDER AND EDIT THE BOOT.INI THAT THIS WOULD FIX MY PROBLEM BUT IT DIDN'T....PLEASE...PLEASE...PLEEEEEEEEEASE IF SOMEONE HAS A UNDERSTANDABLE solution HELP ME HELP ME PLEASE!!!! :throwmonitor: :crazyeyes:
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

First - we can hear you -- no need to shout.
Second - not sure why you nixed 2000 in the first place. I much prefer it over XP at work.
Third -- go to the soundcard manufacturers website and download and install updated drivers that are compatable with XP.
  • the-ologist
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

:lol: SORRY didn't mean to yell. My caps are always locked :oops:

I was OK with win2000 it worked perfect. but my boss wasn't. He's a "BIG gotta have NEW technoloy" guy. So I was tring not to tell him "I TOLD YA SO"

Thanks 4 your help....I'll try at work later and let you know the outcome :salut:
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

Tell him "I told ya so" and tell him "tried, tested and stable" is better than "bleeding edge crap" :)

I just formatted 6 PCs in a local office network recently. They were running WinXP and they were having problems from Day 1. Each day, those problems escalated. I installed Win2K Pro on them all 2 months ago, and they've not had a single problem since on any machine.
  • the-ologist
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yep! I told him "I TOLD YA SO!!" today! Then I quickly told him I had a soultion. I tried Mr. ATNO/TW's Idea with no successon getting the driver page to act right (thanks anyway :thumbsup: ). Somewhere during the time of banging my head against my desk in frustration and passing out, I came up with an Idea :idea: ..... I still had a partially active 2K on my partition... So I opened it up and took the sound driver from there and put it on CD. Then I reinstalled the driver in XP :shock: !!!! YEP IT WORKED!

I'm cookin with gas now fellas! :flame:

THANX :beerchug:
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

rotflmao! ---gotta luv 2K -- glad you got it.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts