Installing XP STOP 0X0000008E

• giordanie
  • Born
  • Born
  • giordanie

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'am trying to install Windows XP Pro on a Athlon 1000 Pc.
But:
impossible to boot installation disk from CDROM
so I triede with a set of 6 floppy, with CD in CD drive.

Everything is ok but after the setup ask me where I want install and my answer, I have an error message:

STOP 0X000000E
(0X00000006,
0X808DBCD6,
0XFC98B3958,
0X00000000)

Could someone help me? I can't undestand the problem :(

Tanks

Enrico
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just to clarify, in your post you give the stop error as 0x0000000E, but in the subject you have 0x0000008E

If its the latter of the two that makes a little more sense. This is the information about it:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/defau ... s_59k7.asp

The last paragraph in the section on resolving the problem is this:
Quote:
The error that generates this message can occur after the first restart during Windows Setup, or after Setup is finished. A possible cause of the error is lack of disk space for installation and system BIOS incompatibilities. For problems during Windows installation that are associated with lack of disk space, reduce the number of files on the target hard disk. Check for and delete any unneeded temporary files, Internet cache files, application backup files, and .chk files containing saved file fragments from disk scans. You can also use another hard disk with more free space for the installation. BIOS problems can be resolved by upgrading the system BIOS version.

Based on what you say you did, I'd say you told it to install on a partition that doesn't have enough room. You'll probably need to reformat and reinstall and be careful to choose the correct partition.

I'm a little curious why it's impossible for you to install from CDRom and why you had to use floppies. If you're CDRom drive is set as the first boot device in the BIOS the install disk should boot right up.

How large is your hard drive? Are you trying to use all of it? or just a partition? How big is the partition you're trying to install it on?

//moving this to the Windows forum.
  • xlaxmat
  • Loc: Phoenix, Arizona

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, I keep getting the Blue Screen on my computer. The code says "STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0x80534DDC) i do believe their where a few more codes but i was not able to write them down fast enough. I would like someone to tell me what this code means and how i could possibly fix it.
My computer has a AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2100+ with 1.74 GHz and 256 MB RAM and two hard drives 1) 40 GB Hard Drive 2)160 GB Hard Drive.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT!! THANKS!!
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think Microsoft rearranged the site without telling everyone again :?
ATNO your link sends me to a "Sorry page isn't here" screen.

"bluescreens"
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/defau ... 55.xml.asp
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmmm. Interesting. The link didn't work for me this time, but then when I clicked bug code 0x8e in the left frame it came up the same and now it works here too, as does yours. Oh well. MS probably changed something.

And for giordanie my answer is the same as it was before:

(Just read what I wrote above.)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts