Installing Vista

• SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just ordered some new ram and a new HDD. I went to install vista on the new HDD and after the install restarted I got a message saying:

Quote:
Windows encountered an error and restarted unexpectedly. If your computer didnt loose power try inserting your vista install disc and try repairing your installation.

That isnt exact what fiarly close. Below that it had options to start vista in safe mode, safe mode with network, a previous configuration, or normaly.

If I seleceted normaly it would blue screen. I can't remember what exactly that said but I do remember it dumping my physical memory.

I bout 4 gigs to add to the 2 I already had, manualy set the timing in the bios for the ram. The hdd is a 750g, I don't think that makes much of a differnse or atleast I haven't heard of vista having a limit on the hdd it can be installed on.

I thin I'm going to try and set the ram timing to auto again in the bios and see if that helps. I've also installed vista on the HDD 3 times. The first time was with the new ram and the old ram. The third time I tried just the new ram. The ram works fine together from what I can tell. I'm currently on the same computer running my vista instllation on my first hdd (I'm transfering from my old hdd to the new one)

Any suggestion?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Have you tried using just the old RAM? There's a chance you could've gotten a bad stick.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Could very well be ...
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

spork wrote:
Have you tried using just the old RAM? There's a chance you could've gotten a bad stick.

Ya I'll give that a try after work.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts