Internet Browsers Stop Working

• Mr Rogers
  • Born
  • Born
  • Mr Rogers

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have Windows XP and I used to be able to use all internet browsers up until about a month ago when Firefox stopped working. Now I didnt think much of it as I was using Safari much more. But then one day, out of no where, all of my internet browsers except for Explorer stopped working. I've tried going through all of my firewall settings and I have attempted several re-installations. I have also tried installing other browsers such as Opera and Chrome. But even after trying that they none of them work except for Explorer. So now I am turning online to try and get answers to what is going wrong. If you have any suggestions as to how I can get them back then it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Mr Rogers

P.S. Just a couple more tidbits of info. I can open the browsers, its just that the pages dont load and I get the '...cannot display webpage....' errors. Even though I am definately connected. I am also using a wireless connection from my neighbours but have a pretty good connection to it. Hope you can help.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't know how it would affect other browsers, but when I read this the first thing that popped into my head is do you have IE said to connect through a proxy?
  • vnvnvn2000
  • Born
  • Born
  • vnvnvn2000

Post 3+ Months Ago

//link removed u can use it to find out proxy by this way u can connect to the website you want. i think it's the best way
Moderator Remark: removed proxy link
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

vnvnvn2000 wrote:
//link removed u can use it to find out proxy by this way u can connect to the website you want. i think it's the best way

You've got to be kidding? The best way isn't to work around the problem with a proxy. The best way is find out what the problem is and fix it!
  • poison17
  • poison17

Post 3+ Months Ago

Mr Rogers wrote:
I have Windows XP and I used to be able to use all internet browsers up until about a month ago when Firefox stopped working. Now I didnt think much of it as I was using Safari much more. But then one day, out of no where, all of my internet browsers except for Explorer stopped working. I've tried going through all of my firewall settings and I have attempted several re-installations. I have also tried installing other browsers such as Opera and Chrome. But even after trying that they none of them work except for Explorer. So now I am turning online to try and get answers to what is going wrong. If you have any suggestions as to how I can get them back then it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Mr Rogers

P.S. Just a couple more tidbits of info. I can open the browsers, its just that the pages dont load and I get the '...cannot display webpage....' errors. Even though I am definately connected. I am also using a wireless connection from my neighbours but have a pretty good connection to it. Hope you can help.

I had the same problem EXACTLY like you. I had my connection up and working, I can ping yahoo and other websites too, using cmd command, but no browser was loading any webpage, nor IE, nor Opera, nor FF. My internet connection were good, no proxy was used.

I reintalled FF and Opera.. nothing.. same results.. "page not found"

So.. what i did ? First of all.. scanned for viruses. Then istalled an adware software.. founded hundreds of adware , spyware and delete them.

then , I deactivated that firewall from XP, and installed the last version of Zone Alarm.. scanned, removed all bad files, spyware, etc.

Now, everything is working ok, for the last week... After I searched on the net, I found that some websites that I visit before my browser crash... were full of viruses and spyware. Now zone alarm tell me when a website try to place me unwanted cookie, or contain spyare , etc.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts