internet close while watching the video.

• lindsay
  • Student
  • Student
  • lindsay

Post 3+ Months Ago

my browser will suddenly stop accessing the internet a couple minutes after I watch or download videos. Its not all watched videos, for example I can watch you tube without it happening, but I was watching a newsreel today and it happened. It is all downloaded videos. What happens is after a couple minutes of downloading or watching, the download or stream will stop, and then any new page I try to access will not make any effort whatsoever to access the internet - ill press enter and within a split second the transaction info at the bottom will say done. If i close and restart my browser again, its connected until I watch a video again. i use internet explorer 7.0.
i updated my internet explorer.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Does it also happen with Firefox or another browser? Look at the event viewer for errors. Download, update & run anti malware from malwarebytes.org
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Actually it's more likely a codec problem. Youtube uses Flash, but most likely the Newsreel is a WMV. When you try to view videos that crash and shut down the internet does it try to open in Windows Media Player or some other player?

Have you recently installed any new codecs or codec packs?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts