Internet connection on the fritez

• whatlikesit12345
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am running windows XP and i am wondering what i can do for my internet. It keeps on connection then disconnecting. is there a way i can make it stay connected longer.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

What type of connection? Dial-up or broadband?
  • ModernDestroyer
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: California

Post 3+ Months Ago

If it is broadband, what type of broadband is it (DSL,Cable, Wireless, Frame relay, ATM)? If it is dialup, you will have to talk to the phone company, the phone company's I have talked to say they only have to guarantee 9.6kbps over copper phone lines. DSL depends on your distance from the CO (Central Office) for your local phone company. Cable depends on how many users are on. Wireless, depends on your fresnel zone (Definition 1, Definition 2 / example), type of radio, and the bandwidth your ISP has. Frame relay & ATM are for bigger company's and they are usually thru the local phone company. So it really depends on your means of connecting :D I almost forgot Fiber also, usually that only goes down if it is cut or lack of power at a regeneration site ;)
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

I doubt it's XP's problem at all, and probably your ISP. More details please!
  • Alkatr0z
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Alkatr0z
  • Loc: Adelaide, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Speaking of Dial up problems, If its having to 'retrain' excessively this can cause it to drop out. In most cases lowering the speed your modem attempts to connect at(Using Initialisation strings for your modem) can stop it from occurring. This can be a common problem especially if you are some distance from the exchange.
  • kuttan
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

hai,

Does this problem started recently?? If yes it should be xp's problem. I have attented such a problem. I far a i think XP is not at all good for one who regularly uses internet. I think XP has a temptation to attract virus and trojans. I think so because all the XP users i know have one or another problem the there internet connection. Better change the OS

Regards,
Kuttan
  • BlueHat
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Cyprus

Post 3+ Months Ago

if u use a modem, then the problem is ur modem hardware of the driver, is your modem old.

please give more detail

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts