Internet issue

• beings
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

lately my internet has been acting weird. It disconnects every 15 minutes or so then reconnects 2 seconds after saying that it has reconnected. This is realy annoying while im on msn or IRC becaues each time it disconnects i have to log in again and again. Any one know why im having this problem?
  • repustech
  • Born
  • Born
  • repustech

Post 3+ Months Ago

My internet connection was doing the same thing last night. It was the first time it had happened since I signed up 6 months ago. I am using Verizon DSL in Hawaii. Well I hope your connection gets better, mine seems to be working fine now.

Take Care,
  • sonnyrizo
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • sonnyrizo

Post 3+ Months Ago

I had the same problem from time to time. It turned out that the signal was not strong enough or something because I was using a splitter. I took out the splitter, and gave the cable modem coaxial cable its own outlet.

If that's not your solution, there could be tons of different solutions. You'd need to call your Internet Service Provider because they know best, and they have more information about what you use.
  • beings
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok yeah shaw is gotta be the problem because it just went down for 5 hours in my area so i guess it was having problems before it went down.
  • mas77
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

one solution would be installing a program called stay connected, just do a google search on that and hopefully it should help as I had the same problem before and it got solved with this
  • Tom the Great
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: B.C., Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Are you using wireless? many connection problems are just caused by the wireless connection, whether it is interferance, bad signal, or just windows dropping the connection.
  • beings
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

its shaw i asked a few of my neighbors and they all had the same problem... i will check out this stay connection program thanks.
  • mas77
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

no I'm not using wireless

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts