invade with every known virus

• robin104
  • Born
  • Born
  • robin104

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a dell that's invaded with every known virus. The list in Windows and System 32 is endless. I can't open anything. Run is disabled, Virus protection is disabled, all essential programs are disabled. The computer is offline so I can't download anything. I want to format the disc and erase the drive but I can't boot from the CD. The best I can do is go in and change the properties and names of the worst viruses one by one until I can get Spyware doctor to run. Any ideas?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hit the Del key on boot and chance the boot sequence in the BIOS to CD first. That should get it to boot from the install CD and you can format and reinstall from there. You will need the Dell driver CD as well.

If you want to save the current install and you can get to the desktop, run regedit and remove some of those viruses by hand.
Follow the path in HKLM and HKCU
Software
Microsoft
Windows
CurrentVersion
Run
Open the run folder and delete any values that don't belong.
Then try to download anti malware or whatever spy ware program you want.
  • robin104
  • Born
  • Born
  • robin104

Post 3+ Months Ago

I change the boot sequence but it still won't boot. I see what each virus does in System32 but there's so many that it's going to take me forever to disable what I can manually. I'm trying to get rid of W32's & LSSAS first. If I can get spyware doctor to run I might be able to recover this disc. If not I may have to toss it and install another hard drive.
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Are you sure you have a bootable CD?
  • robin104
  • Born
  • Born
  • robin104

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm going to try it one more time. I have the original CD that came with the system. I'll let you know. Bye the way, thanks for your help.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts