Issue with video play and audio on Windows Vista

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I fear i may have caught a bug on my laptop several weeks ago which has caused my computer not only to gradually slow down, but cause problems with downloading in general as well as videos on video sharing websites (for example). I've also noticed that iTunes has been very odd in recent weeks too which i believe is being caused by the same problem.

iTunes just won't play any song at all, i'll double click the name of the song to play but it will show the song as being played (at the top of screen) however it won't go beyond 0 seconds of the song time, in other words it just won't play anything.

Looking aside for the iTunes issue and video playing issues i've also noticed loading websites to be impossible at times too. As it stands on my laptop at this present moment i'm trying to load up another topic in this forum but the site just won't load. I know it's not an Ozzu issue as loading up YouTube for example is not happening either and i'm pretty sure if i try another site it will be the same.

I did force close down the tab about an hour or two ago when it first happened and i had something popping up about the "script". I never took note of the error as i thought it was not relevant, however since doing that i managed browse a few pages before it started playing up again.

If any of these errors sound familiar then i'd like to hear from you. I'm off work today, so it would be good if i can sort this laptop out as it's been more or less a pain since i bought it last September.
  • HoustonIT
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • HoustonIT

Post 3+ Months Ago

Do you antivirus on your PC? Have you run a virus or spyware scan yet?
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

For some reason i don't. It seems silly not to have it.

Thanks.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts