kaspersky is good antivirus

• creative_2008
  • creative_2008
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

generally virus mke their entries in the startup in msconfig just uncheck the box if u know the entry is made by virus. Also instead of scanning the whole system first scan windows folder.
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

There is a problem with that theory. I have seen disabled startup items checked again by entries in the registry and deleted files recreated the same way.

Virus and trojan writers have won. Anti Virus software is fading fast in the battle. If you don't believe that, look at all the Hijack This logs posted on Ozzu that show AV software running, sometimes more than one on the same machine but the user still can't get rid of the virus or trojan. If the AV Program were so good, the user wouldn't need Hijack This or our help.

I lock the registry instead with MJ Reg Watcher. If the registry is locked a trojan or virus can't get in. It's stopped before it can cause a problem. An AV program waits until the problem is in the system.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Don, is this the one you're referring to? I've been meaning to look into something like this for some time now, and this topic just reminded me to.
  • deathblade
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: u.k

Post 3+ Months Ago

oh wow i;ve used that before lol though you want to look out for windows up dates if you block them well lets just say it isn't healthy fore you computer :P
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007

Post 3+ Months Ago

That's the one spork.

deathblade: It's debatable if Windows Updates are healthy but that's another story. Besides, you can always set reg watcher to accept changes and do the updates manually.
  • deathblade
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: u.k

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeh i know i didn't do that i just set it to block all :| learn for your mistakes though right?
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007

Post 3+ Months Ago

You were right, it's block all or block none. What I meant was that when you check updates and see that there are some you want, you set it to accept for the time you are installing them. Then you reset it to reject.
  • Devil_666
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Albany

Post 3+ Months Ago

Couple of days back my pc was suffering with virus effects and it was trojan and system registries were corrupted due to that.

Behavior of my pc :

1. i was not able to shut it down.
2. i was not able to open task manager.
3. i was not able to use skype.
4. i was not able to access locally connected PCs.
4. i was not able to use internet.

then i used norton 2008 version and clean my pc. after the cleaning process i didn't un-install norton to surf safely.

but you won't believe after some days norton has blocked my firewall and once again i was in the situation, as before.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts