A keylogger - Do i have one =(

• BlakeTroyActionHero
  • Born
  • Born
  • BlakeTroyActionHero

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have suspicious that apparently i have been logging on to things that i haven't logged on to, an example of this is World Of Warcraft i have gone offline at 10pm and my frineds said i was only at 1am in the morning when i wasn't, i also had a ton of new randomly generated names and such.
Am sorry if this is in the wrong place or i post this wrong but here is my hijack this notepad document. Oh it aint letting me post it cos of the links, any help on this? sorry am new, and i just want my PC sorted.Thanks for your time.
  • Monisa
  • Born
  • Born
  • Monisa

Post 3+ Months Ago

First of all, you need to detect and find out that if you really have a keylogger on your computer. There are several ways to detect a keylogger, from simply reviewing the processes running on the computer to use some spy detection program.

Step 1 Open the Activity Monitor to check for unknown process. This system tool will allow you to view the programs (processes) currently running on your computer.

Step 2 Check and Research any unfamiliar processes running in your ctivity Monitor? Critical system processes sometimes have unrecognizable names, however, and keyloggers may have a name that sounds legitimate.

Step 3 Download and install a keylogger detector or another software firewall. This type of software alerts you when another program tries to connect to the Internet. It will detect a keylogger before it sends information over the Internet, and allow you to block it.

I got it from online search, hope it can help you.
  • a4asit
  • Kalkin
  • Graduate
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi actionhero!

i think you should format your harddisk.. no sorry.. i was kidding :lol:

on a serious note, keyloggers can be as simple as a "service" running in the background to a well written and nasty virus; both of them transmit your activity to its owner's mailbox or server.

(For WinXP and perhaps Vista and 7 too)

if your case is the first case then try this: (please note: try at your own risk!)

1. open "Run" window from Start menu and enter "regedit" and press "ENTER". Now expand (or navigate) the tree in this path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\Microsoft\Windows\Run >> In the right hand side window you can see some keys related to all the applications set to autorun on your computer >> If you know all programs you install (you should know! 8) ) on your system and find an unknown name there then use the file path given there to reach that program's directory >> if it is not some driver or system program, just delete the respective key in the registry that you found just now (there are other keys too.. don't delete them!) >> google the executable file's name to see if it is a known program >> look for any help files in the folder >> since most antivirus programs have "submit" option these days, just submit the main executables there in that folder you found to any antivirus server.

2. check your startup folder too. something might be placed there without you knowing (though i am sure you must have already checked there :mrgreen: )

mostly keyloggers come as trojan or virus. so a virus or trojan you cannot remove so easily. get a good antivirus to do it for you. do it quickly! :shock: some viruses have "deadlines".. on a set day they might start infecting your files. installing AV then would not work.

one thing monisa suggested is also a brilliant idea. to use anti-keyloggers. but beware! don't get one from sources such as torrents. you might be downloading another keylogger itself!! can't do ads here but google for them and you will get some good free open source ones.

best of luck

regards
asit :iconthumbright:
  • bellaw
  • Born
  • Born
  • bellaw

Post 3+ Months Ago

BlakeTroyActionHero wrote:
I have suspicious that apparently i have been logging on to things that i haven't logged on to, an example of this is World Of Warcraft i have gone offline at 10pm and my frineds said i was only at 1am in the morning when i wasn't, i also had a ton of new randomly generated names and such.
Am sorry if this is in the wrong place or i post this wrong but here is my hijack this notepad document. Oh it aint letting me post it cos of the links, any help on this? sorry am new, and i just want my PC sorted.Thanks for your time.

It seems that someone got your game account and password. I know from Yahoo Answer that people can use monitoring software like keylogger on the target computer, and then they can know all activities on the computer, including password and keystrokes. Have you ever download some unfamiliar software or files?
  • bellaw
  • Born
  • Born
  • bellaw

Post 3+ Months Ago

bellaw wrote:
It seems that someone got your game account and password. I know from Yahoo Answer that people can use monitoring software like keylogger on the target computer, and then they can know all activities on the computer, including password and keystrokes. Have you ever download some unfamiliar software or files?

I also get some tips about how to detect keylogger, hope it helps you.
Type CTRL + ALT + DELETE, it will open your Task Manager, Processes tab look for BKP. exe or AKL. exe, if you find the BKP. AKL exe or. exe's why you have keylogger.
* Remembering that if you can not always detect Keylogger by CTRL + ALT + DELETE.
For those who have a little more technical knowledge, it also noted the hint of how good the performance of the processor. If it is working continuously even if the computer does not have many applications running is a sign that the machine can produce something suspicious.
  • beetty
  • Born
  • Born
  • beetty

Post 3+ Months Ago

bellaw wrote:
bellaw wrote:

Type CTRL + ALT + DELETE, it will open your Task Manager, Processes tab look for BKP. exe or AKL. exe, if you find the BKP. AKL exe or. exe's why you have keylogger.
* Remembering that if you can not always detect Keylogger by CTRL + ALT + DELETE.
For those who have a little more technical knowledge, it also noted the hint of how good the performance of the processor. If it is working continuously even if the computer does not have many applications running is a sign that the machine can produce something suspicious.

Hi, bellaw, thanks for sharing the tips about how to detect key logger, this is what I am looking for.
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

not everything turns up in task manager either, once i detect something has infected my machine i go offline d/c the net, move and scan my stuff and start over again. Military grade 50 pass format so there is no trace of anything which is a bit of overkill but i just don't like not having a clean secure machine.
  • susanal
  • Born
  • Born
  • susanal

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Check the task list by press ctrl+alt+del in windows. Examine all the tasks running, if you unsure of a task look it up on a search engine.
• Use the system configuration utility to determine which task are loaded at start-up (type "msconfig" in the run box to start).
• Run your antivirus checker, it's possible this will pick up the Keylogger on your system.
• Scan your hard disk for the most recent files stored. Look at the contents of any files continually updating (these might be logs).
• Download a specific keylogger detector program, and see if it detects anything.
• Run Spybot S&D, this program checks for some known keyloggers.
  • nerylerhome
  • Born
  • Born
  • nerylerhome

Post 3+ Months Ago

bellaw wrote:
bellaw wrote:

Type CTRL + ALT + DELETE, it will open your Task Manager, Processes tab look for BKP. exe or AKL. exe, if you find the BKP. AKL exe or. exe's why you have Myjad keylogger.

If you think your computer has been infected with a keylogger, there are some steps you can take to detect and remove it. First, install software that will detect malware such as keyloggers and viruses. Run a thorough scan.
Depending on the software used, follow the steps to remove the keylogger.
  • cmicheelly01
  • Born
  • Born
  • cmicheelly01

Post 3+ Months Ago

There are many possibilities: Maybe you let out your password but you didn't realized; Maybe your information was stealed by hacker; Maybe someone install keylogger software on your computer.

Scan Virus then install an anti keylogger software then change your password.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts