Linksys Router BEFSR41 ver. 3

• PenTaGon
  • Student
  • Student
  • PenTaGon
  • Loc: FL

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey...I read some of the previous threads on a similar router. I have the same router as the other guy, except mine is Version 3. I tried getting the new firmware for this router, but the newest version is 1.04.8 and thats the same version that came with the router. I can not get any file sharing programs to work. Kazza is the main one I use, rarely I'll get a ver low bandwidth connection to no more then 1 user. I have never had this problem and now that I have a router installed it do. It cant just be a problem with kazaa because it does it on all p2p programs. I have tried everything...even enabling DMZ....didnt change anything. Does anyone have a clue on what I might could do to fix this?
  • ModernDestroyer
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: California

Post 3+ Months Ago

have you tried linksys support? You may have to tunnel a hole thru your firewall from your inside address to your public address. Just make sure the FTP port is included in the tunnel setup. Then again you may have to wait till they come out with a newer firmware upgrade.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Do you have any other computers on your local network that might be conflicting (if you still have that problem)?

I know in the past I accidently set two computers to have the same IP and my linksys router still routed packets, but it was very slow as I think it was confused on who was who.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts