XP Lock Option, How long before going into sleep or hibernat

• snail
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • snail

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have systems with XP Home and XP Pro and I sometimes use the Standby (sleep)mode -- though usually turn off the computer after saving my work and come back at a better time.
I notice that when I come back from the Standby mode it shows the same screen as when I lock the computer(Winkey + L(lowercase)). I want to have a set time before the computer will transition from the Lock mode to either Standby or Hibernate. However, I must NOT have the computer go into Standby or Hibernate while in the normal operation(I have the following power settings: "Turn off monitor,hard disks, System standby: Never"
I have yet to enable Hibernate but might use it from time to time in the awful event of power loss while in an unattended but less power-consuming operation configuration(Standby).
Thanks.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

I never use standby or hibernate. I either lock the PC or shut it down. If you're worried about a power failure, buy an uninterrupted power supply.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

There is a setting that locks the PC when coming out of stand by. It can be disabled but don't remember where that setting is.

You can also set how long it will take your PC to go into standby.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts