I lost my LAN icon in the Network & Dialup Connection fo

• Bootable
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

I dont see my LAN icon in my laptop's "Network & Dialup Connections" folder. How do I get it back? I dont know what caused it to disappear. I clicked "Making New Connection" icon to create a new Lan connection but there's nothing there that will allow me to create one. Please help. Thanks!
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is it just the icon that's missing or is your connection lost completely? Look in the device manager for the network adapter.
  • Bootable
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Missing icon and lost connection. In devmgr, the status of my network adapter (old intel pro/100 cardbus) is: "This device cannot start (Code 10).
I tried unistalling/reinstalling and updated the driver from the Intel CD. Rebooted but Im still getting the error code 10.
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

That's what I wanted to know. Try a few things. First, click start, run, type services.msc and press enter. Make sure that network connections is started. If it isn't double click on it and start it.

If that isn't the problem then, instead of uninstalling and reinstalling, go back to the device manager and delete the adapter. Then reboot. Windows will see it and you will get a 'new hardware found' message. Let in install the drivers for it. That should take care of it.

If that doesn't work, move the adapter to another slot or replace it completely.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts