Making my Lexmark printer wireless

• Bogey
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I used to have a Belkin G-router with a fileshare USB option where I connect my printer and would print from any computer wirelessly (as long as the driver is installed). I recently upgraded the router to a Netgear N600 router with a fieshare USB option as well, and plugging in my printer into it doesn't do anything... my computer just tells me it can't find the printer and that's it.

I got a Netgear N Antenna installed on my PC so I can have it run on wireless (internet/network... it worked with Belkin G router but isn't working with the Netgear N router).

How can I go about solving this issue? I would like to have my printer wireless because there is more then 1 computer needing a printer and only one printer (not to mention only one spot for a printer).

Any help would be appreciated :)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• demonmaestro
  • Gold Member
  • Gold Member
  • Loc: Conroe, Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

well there are a coule of options. you can go with a free way but it ties up a computer or get a usb print server.

Depends on what one you wanna do ill go into detail.
  • Bogey
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

It worked with my Belkin thing... not sure why it isn't working with netgear... this is mind boggling.

I just might buy a wireless printer altogether... they aren't that expensive in Best Buy... I just need to wait a couple of years until I get my debt paid off... can't really go on buying stuff before I pay my debt off.
  • demonmaestro
  • Gold Member
  • Gold Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

well you got 2 routers correct. just use that one as a "switch" or is it just fried?

the free way is connecting the printer to your computer and allow print sharing. and then when you print off the other computers it will go through your computer and print.
  • Bogey
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

But it used to work without the need of a computer.

That is what I got right now...

The following is what I had...

It worked on Belkin but it isn't working on Netgear...
  • demonmaestro
  • Gold Member
  • Gold Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

does the delkin work? if so just connect the printer back into it and plug it into one of the regular outlets of both the routers. it shout act like a switch and work
  • Bogey
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

So I just plug the Belkin into the outlet and plut the printer into it and it should work?
  • demonmaestro
  • Gold Member
  • Gold Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

well then plug the belkin into the netgear if you want it through the network.. but dont use the little yellow outlet. use just a regular outlet for both.
  • Bogey
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just learned a little something about my Belkin router.

1. The Belkin actually an N router
2. The USB port on Belkin is Wireless Printer
3. Netgear router is Fileshare only... no printer support

I went back to using the Belkin router (Didn't work demonmaestro)... now it prints but it prints blank white paper with no text on them... even though it used to work perfectly fine before I changed to netgear.

Reason I did change to netgear is because I got a netgear wireless PC card installed, so I thought Netgear router + Neatgear wireless card = happy network...

Internet seems fine with Belkin router + netgear wireless card...

When it worked I was like 1 yard away from the router... now I'm downstairs and the router is upstairs... could this be the cause of the problem?
  • demonmaestro
  • Gold Member
  • Gold Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

drivers......
  • Bogey
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

The printer is installed on my computer... it used to work... not sure what is going on with it.
  • demonmaestro
  • Gold Member
  • Gold Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

well unplug it from the belkin and plug it into the computer and see if it works if not try updating drivers on both devices.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts