Making a uniform profile

• Megallica
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Megallica
  • Loc: Scottsdale, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

How do I get programs that require authentication (i.e. WMP, Adobe 9, etc.) the first time they're run to not do it for every profile on the computer? I am making an image for a school lab and have the basic profile set the way I want. Since the computers will be in a frozen state when the students log in, new profile settings will not be saved and it asks for the verifications every time they use the programs.

Any Ideas?

Thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't understand why those programs require authentication in the first place. Do the computers belong to a domain?
  • Megallica
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Megallica
  • Loc: Scottsdale, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry, I'll try to be more clear.

You know when you first install WMP 9 and run it, it goes through the initial setup for its settings and features, importing available music etc. Even though you have done this, every time you log in as a different user for the first time and try to use either program, it goes through the setup process again. For Adobe, it wants you to accept the license agreement with every new login. And since the computers are in a frozen state, every time a student logs in, it's essentially the "first" time and wont keep the changes that any new user would make, including those setup processes.
So after going through that process the first time, how do I make it so other profiles don't have to?
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

I understand what you're saying now. Yes, IE & other programs respond like that to new profiles. Off the top of my head, I don't know how to avoid it.

If copying profiles instead of creating new doesn't work, perhaps a login script might or let those programs run as administrator.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts