microsoft malicious software removal tool problem:

• lockexiii
  • lockexiii

Post 3+ Months Ago

i scanned my machine with the microsoft malicious software removal tool and it detected something and i deleted it.it has no log file in notepad.i restarted my machine and it always show a bluescreen error and restarts itself again.

i tried using it also with another pc that i know has viruses and malicious files in it.it detected 5 with the last one on the system32\config\log., if im not mistaken, then it will not respond and then hang.it will finish its scan,i can even open any folder or website.i have to push the power button just to turn it of and restart it.i never used it again.
what could be wrong with my machine?
could you plss help me pros?
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

One time Norton detected one of it's own files as a virus. I wonder if that's what happened with that?

Anyway, try F8 when you turn on the machine. If you get to the menu, choose last known good config by using the arrows & the enter key. If that doesn't work, try safe mode with networking.
  • lockexiii
  • lockexiii

Post 3+ Months Ago

it doesnt work either.i tried all the options but nothing led to opening the desktop.when the windows logo appear,few moments, then the blue screen error will flash then restarts my computer.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

What's the exact error message and codes on the blue screen?
  • lockexiii
  • lockexiii

Post 3+ Months Ago

i cant read it cause it only flashed for a fraction of a second.i cant do anything so i reformatted it.i dont want to encounter i again. is it safe to use it?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts