Microsoft warns of new serious flaws

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Microsoft warned on Wednesday of new flaws that leave its flagship Windows software vulnerable to Internet attacks similar to the Blaster virus that infected hundreds of thousands of computers last month.

MICROSOFT URGED CUSTOMERS to immediately apply a free repairing patch from its Web site, http://www.microsoft.com/security/ . The company cautioned that hackers could seize control over a victim’s computer by attacking these flaws, which affect Windows technology that allows computers to communicate with others across a network.

“We definitely want people to apply this one,” said Jeff Jones, Microsoft’s senior director for trustworthy computing.

Outside experts said some flaws were nearly identical to problems exploited by the Blaster worm, which spread last month with devastating damage. Computer users who applied an earlier patch in July to protect themselves still must install the new patch from Microsoft.

See the whole article here:

http://www.msnbc.com/news/964552.asp

and make sure you get the latest patches from Microsoft. I went to windows update and got all the latest.
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

not good then lol
this is what i dont get about OS's and games, they release them and u can guarantee a patch or update is needed, y dont they jusy keep the game/OS a little longer and sort out all the bugs e.g.
Champoinship manager:...5 YES 5 packes to update the game, and i could probably fit all of them onto a disk....and half fill it!
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

thx bigweb. I'll be heading there shortly myself for all the updates.

Any probs with them that you've encountered yet?
  • The Shrew
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I grabbed that patch right after it was announced. The only thing that's kinda annoying is that my network admin wants to ignore this, just like he did to the Welchia threat and you saw where that got us...
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

I installed the patch with no problem. All is well.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts