mIRC disconnects when I ping...

• PenTaGon
  • Student
  • Student
  • PenTaGon
  • Loc: FL

Post 3+ Months Ago

I using mIRC w/ the anaconda script. I play online games and use gamespy to search for multiple servers at a time. It pings every server, which can be thousands. mIRC ALWAYS disconnects me when I do this. I'm guessing that pinging all these servers just messes up my connection on irc. Can anyone help..this is really annoying. Thanks!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, to be honest, I'd ditch the scripts... Just use plain ol' mIRC, and write your own scripts for it :)

Many of the pre-written scripts out there are for older versions of mIRC that have bugs and exploitable problems, and usually aren't too stable. It could be the script's doing things in the background..

Which OS are you on? I've run mIRC with GameSpy listings on several games (Halo, UT2K3, THPS3, and a bunch of others), and not had problems like these (I'm on Win2K Pro).
  • PenTaGon
  • Student
  • Student
  • PenTaGon

Post 3+ Months Ago

I run windows xp, I use the anaconda script because it has a few features that make irc alot easier. I would write my own but I've never done any type of scripting before.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

What does Anaconda script offer that's so useful? (not trying to sound sarcastic, lol I am actually curious)...

Which server are you on?
  • PenTaGon
  • Student
  • Student
  • PenTaGon

Post 3+ Months Ago

im on irc.gamesurge.net. The scripts just has a lot of op control options, log viewer, channel scanner and a few other small things I like. I'd like to find another script..I just dont know what is good or where to look.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts