missing or corrupt \system32\ntoskrnl.exe file

• john drake1
  • Born
  • Born
  • john drake1

Post 3+ Months Ago

I read the posts and replies about this topic. I am having the same problem, but mine goes through the process leading to Repair, but will not ever get to the Repair console. It will jump to a screen telling me that another nameless file is missing or corrupt, it won't even give me a chance to enter the name of the file I want to repair. :cry: Any suggestions?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like to remove the drive(s), put them in an External USB Enclosure and connect them to another PC. That way I can copy files from the CD or another PC to the system folder.

If you don't want to do that, you can create a boot disk with the files you need and copy them that way.

The boot disk needs boot.ini, ntdetect.com and ntldr plus your missing files.
  • mooseye
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mooseye

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm sure the boot disc fix works, but often if one file is corrupt or missing, there may be others and the root cause is still present. In other words, if you replace one file you may boot to find another message about additional files missing/corrupt.
I really don't understand manufacturers not including a repair disc. For a guess, microsoft probably had something to do with it for fear that the discs would be used to pirate windows to additional computers.
I know this post is of no benifit to the OP, but I just can't help myself sometimes.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts