Misssing task bar menu

• SycomCOmp
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok about a week ago when in my task bar I some how pressed something that caused the task bars menu to disappear.... :x This really doesn't make any sense and i've resorted to clicking (alt-pageup and pagedown) to go through the missing menu. Does any one know how to get it back? this is really annoying and I need it fixed... btw I've done a ton of google searches and came up empty every time...

Here's a pic of it http://www.tntvids.com/pics/taskbar.jpg I'm running windows xp btw...

thanks in advanced
:arrow: SycomCOmp :idea:
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• JrzyCrim
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Are the taskbar and start menu completely gone?

Try these:

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_t.htm

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/taskbarplus!.htm

The first link takes you to a page containing a vbs script which might repair your missing taskbar. Click on the link, "Taskbar is missing". After downloading, just double-click the file.

If that doesn't work, try the program at the second link.

Good luck.
  • SycomCOmp
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

no I just did a auto hide on the start menu :) just wanted to show in that picture that the task bar has no menu.. Now i've heard there is some shortcut to press that does brings the menu back up. Anyone know the prob?
  • JrzyCrim
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

So let me get this straight: The taskbar itself is still there but the start menu is missing? I'm not understanding what the problem is exactly...

BTW, there was no taskbar in your picture...
  • SycomCOmp
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Trust me I agree with you that it is bizarre, from the screen shot you see my task menu pressing (ctrl alt delete) Its just that some how I clicked some short cut on the keyboard and now the pull down menu disappeared
  • JrzyCrim
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh okay. I thought you were talking about the taskbar and start menu. You are talking about the task manager.

Just double click on the top border to restore that. :) I've done that myself and didn't know what was up.

Actually, you can double-click anywhere on the border of taskmanager to restore the tabs and menus...
  • JrzyCrim
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Any luck?
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice solution Jim. I never saw that problem before but duplicated it from your post remarks and restored it from your solution. You should do a synopsis of that and post it in the Windows tips and tricks thread. Even if SycomCOmp never responds that's definitely the solution.
  • JrzyCrim
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think the same problem cropped up here a few months ago. Could have been on another forum. When I finally figured out what his problem was, I remembered the fix. I didn't even notice it in his image at first, lol.

I'll write up a synopsis with a nice screenie.
  • SycomCOmp
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

sorry for not responding out with the boys almost got arrested, but anyways :D You are the man jrzycrim thankyou so much! I don't know how this problem started in the first place but that double clicking the top was some hidden trick. I would of never thought of it :idea: I'm tring to figure out though what I did in the first place to get to this problem. Oh well thanks again....
  • SycomCOmp
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

OK had to find out what's up and found it.. of course.. just double click below the menu a boom! there goes the menu. :shock: I must of been in one of my click fiascos zipping though stuff, and double clicked on it... kind of an odd feature, don't see much use for it.. :?: Thanks again and I mean it, this was driving me nuts... :evil:
  • JrzyCrim
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

You're welcome. :lol: I didn't see much use for it myself but I did a little research. It does have it's uses...

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts