My mouse is out of the screen

• yoav46
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • yoav46

Post 3+ Months Ago

when i move the pointer to the right side of my screen it doesn't stop where the screen finishes. it continues more to the right, and then i need to move it all the way back to the left in order to see it.

this is very agrivating, especially when i want to close a program - i was used to moving the mouse all the way to the right-top corner, and now if i do that i miss the button and have to navigate the mouse back to the screen without knowing where it is.

please help me!
i am desperate!!! :(
  • Xel02
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Xel02

Post 3+ Months Ago

So when you move the mouse to the right edge you have to move it all the way to the left edge to see it again? Or do you just have to move it back to the left?

My suggestion is to change your monitor settings so that the screen size is smaller. That should fix your problem if I understand it correctly.
  • Tom the Great
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: B.C., Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

How far right does it go?

because it is supposed to go right enough to hide the whole pointer (but just a pointer's width, so not very far). Do you also have your monitor settings inside the monitor (so part of the desktop isn't outside the viewable space on the monitor)
  • beings
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah xel is right... you have to fit the monitor picture to fit the screen.. lots of monitors have automatic fitting... just hit the menu for your monitor on your monitor and auto fit it or manualy do it (like i have to :( )
  • yoav46
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • yoav46

Post 3+ Months Ago

my mouse still moves out of sight. it moves to the right more than just enough to hide the curser, and then have to move it to the left. it is as if its really moving there - the more i move it to the right the more i have to move it to the left to see it again.

i tried changing the screen resolution and the screen size (on the manual settings of the screen itself) and nothing changed.

please help me! :cry:
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Anchorage, AK

Post 3+ Months Ago

So you used the little controls to manually adjust and resize the screen for your monitor. Also, if you have already tried that, have you gone through the basic troubleshooting things such as:

1: Run adaware, spybot, and antivirus.

2:Uninstalling jumpy programs such as AIM.

3:Uninstalling any new programs. Sometimes a cheap game or program can mess around with windows.

Try all that.
  • JrzyCrim
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Could be a problem with the extended desktop feature. Normally if you have only one monitor, the extended desktop can't be enabled. I've seen stranger things happen however.

You might check your settings tab on the display properties and see if anything is amiss.
  • yoav46
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • yoav46

Post 3+ Months Ago

thank u all!
JrzyCrim: u were right. i have a nvidia graphics chip, and the nview options were configured to display on two screens.

now i can sleep again....

thank u very much :oops:
  • JrzyCrim
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey that's great yoav46! I was just guessing but I'm glad it was right. :)
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

That would be funny to watch a noob play with!!! HAHAHA!!!
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Anchorage, AK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice job Jim. :)
  • JrzyCrim
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, bow down to my superior intellect... :handsup:

:lol:
  • LAbrego
  • brego from LA
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

You can always count with the teachers *bow, bow :lol:
  • JrzyCrim
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

I did contribute a few posts to the word-association thread so don't put too much credence in my post-count. Image

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 14 posts