Mozart <-- ???

• ModernDestroyer
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: California

Post 3+ Months Ago

Here is the situation I have come across. A friend of mine told me his computer would start playing a song and then lock up. He also told me that you would have to leave the computer off for a few minutes or the song would start as so as you rebooted the computer. I went there and started his computer it locked I restarted to just the command prompt then while I'm in the command prompt looking around his hard drive it starts playing mozart out of the pc speaker. I restart the system with alt+ctrl+del and it keeps playing thru the boot process. Eventually the only thing I could come up with is if you leave it off for a few minutes the charge of the memory dissipates enough to not have the song in memory. The PC is an old PII that is running win98sec, with 64mb ram. Has anybody else ran across anything like this? Just curious :D
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

That's REAL odd. You sure he's not just hooked up the PC's internal speaker to an mp3 player to try n' fool you? ;)

Other than a virus, I'm really not sure what it could be. Have you run Norton or anything with a recent update?
  • ModernDestroyer
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

I know he doesn't have an MP3 player hooked up, the PC speaker has a very distict sound to it. Yes I installed an anti-virus with updates as current as today. His PC hasn't been hooked into the internet since he got it. Yes there is a few people out there that don't have there PC's on the internet :D if it is a virus then it came with the computer when he got it from his sister about 8 months ago and this just start about a week or two ago.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

That's extremely odd then, I don't know what to tell ya. In 19 years on a computer (12 of those on x86 based PCs), I've never seen or heard of anything like this.

Poltergeist maybe?
  • ModernDestroyer
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

it could be, if you hit the power button and wait 30 seconds or less than a minute the music picks up where it left off at :twisted: I think if he wants me to do anything else to it I tell him it's time to reformat and start freash. I got my start on building PC's about 10 or 11 years ago, and this to is the first time I have seen a program run even after a hard reboot.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts