MSN Messenger delay

• aceswild
  • Born
  • Born
  • aceswild

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have MSN messenger and AOL IM. They used to work properly and when I would hit the "send" button, the message would be sent right away. Now, for some reason, neither the AOL IM or the MSN IM works like that. When I hit the "send" button, there is a four to five second pause and the screen freezes up before the message is sent. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both programs more than once. I have defraged, run spyware, and anti-virus checks, still nothing? Can someone help? Thank you
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Louisville, Ky

Post 3+ Months Ago

what are you on? cable/dsl or dialup?
  • aceswild
  • Born
  • Born
  • aceswild

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a cable modem, this problem just started about a week or two ago, it use to send the message as soon as I hit the "send" button.
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Louisville, Ky

Post 3+ Months Ago

have you recently put in a router? could be a bandwith issue. check http://www.broadbandreports.com to see if there is a bandwith problem in your area
  • aceswild
  • Born
  • Born
  • aceswild

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey thanks for the info, I have been checking out that site. However, I dout that is the problem. The messengers use to work great, I had zero problems with them, now all the sudden, they run like garbage. Really strange?
  • seb
  • Born
  • Born
  • seb

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've just got this problem as well - any ideas yet? Like you say, definately not a bandwidth problem, just locks up every time I click send or open a new msn window :(
  • seb
  • Born
  • Born
  • seb

Post 3+ Months Ago

*watch your mouth* hell I'm good with google sometimes :)

Taken from LSPĀ“s website:

This type of software is known as a Layered Service Provider or LSP, a piece of software that can be inserted into the Windows TCP/IP handler like a link in a chain. Unfortunately, this type of software is sometimes quietly installed by unrelated software such as file-sharing programs, sneaking onto a system unannounced. In fact, in many cases, the user does not know of its existance until something goes wrong, and he/she can no longer access Web sites. Common offenders include New.net* (NEWDOTNET) and WebHancer*, which are often bundled with file-sharing utilities, DVD player software, and other free downloads. LSP-Fix repairs the Winsock LSP chain by removing the entries left behind when LSP software is removed by hand (or when errors in the software itself break the LSP chain), and removing any gaps in the chain.....
  • Miss_Bee
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Eagle Vale, Sydney (Campbo Chickadee)

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have this problem with msn messenger and with ICQ....but I'm on dial-up not cable!
  • seb
  • Born
  • Born
  • seb

Post 3+ Months Ago

Have you tried the fix I mention? I'm confident it'll fix your probelms :)
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am pretty much in agreement with seb on his offered solution. I'd be about in the 90% sure range that's probably the best educated guess on the prob.
  • drew_green
  • Born
  • Born
  • drew_green

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

I've been frustrated with the messenger delay so I typed my problem in google and arrived to this site, went to the site posted by seb and everything is back to normal again! Thanks for your help in this matter.
  • seb
  • Born
  • Born
  • seb

Post 3+ Months Ago

No worries drew - I arrived at this page using google as well :) No idea what this "ozzu" thing is, only signed up for this thread :)
  • Stewieeeeeee
  • Born
  • Born
  • Stewieeeeeee
  • Loc: Wales, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I got exactly the same problem, had it for about a month or two now. I know a few people who got it too, and I found this site through google too =P I'll give the fix a bash when I get home in about an hour, and I'll let you guys know how it went.

Thanks for the info =P
  • enzyme
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • enzyme

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for link sep :)
  • Stewieeeeeee
  • Born
  • Born
  • Stewieeeeeee
  • Loc: Wales, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yay, worked for me :D Thanks for the link dude!
  • LeoZhang
  • Student
  • Student
  • LeoZhang
  • Loc: China

Post 3+ Months Ago

aceswild wrote:
I have MSN messenger and AOL IM. They used to work properly and when I would hit the "send" button, the message would be sent right away. Now, for some reason, neither the AOL IM or the MSN IM works like that. When I hit the "send" button, there is a four to five second pause and the screen freezes up before the message is sent. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both programs more than once. I have defraged, run spyware, and anti-virus checks, still nothing? Can someone help? Thank you

try this.
press ctrl+alt+del , then click escape key to return the system, you will find your system working properly. I havent found the reason and problem.
  • RaawrItsIzzy
  • Born
  • Born
  • RaawrItsIzzy

Post 3+ Months Ago

I had the same problem a little while ago. Basically, I was typing at normal speed, then I would press enter and it would freeze and take about 3 or 4 seconds before the message was actually sent. I searched endless hours on the internet hoping to find a solution to my problem to no avail, as they were all advanced answers and they didn't seem to be helping anyone. So fed up with this, one day I was sitting there and decided to customise my MSN a bit, so I changed my display picture. Next thing, I got a MSN message from my friend. I thought "Oh great, now I'm going to have to wait forever for my messages to send again." So I typed my message, hit enter, and it sent instantly. I found out that changing the picture actually got rid of the lag. It also applies when you change the name as well. I don't know why this should affect the speed the message sends at, but it does, and it really helped with my problem! You should try it with yours too.

Hope this helps! xx

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 17 posts