msn messenger sending links to ur contacts when ur offline

• mad4u19
  • Born
  • Born
  • mad4u19

Post 3+ Months Ago

Has anyone had this problem? When your offline, msn messenger sending links to your contacts. i scanned my comp with anti virus/adware/spyware and it was clean. Is it that someone has hacked into msn and stolen my password and so on because sometimes my messenger signed out saying I have signed in somewhere else which is impossible. Can anyone tell me what to do? :cry:
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Change you password from another computer, then run Hijack This on the current computer.
  • arvaco
  • Born
  • Born
  • arvaco

Post 3+ Months Ago

A friend of mine had that very thing. Sending links to everyone. I think it's some breed of vundo (not an easy clean). You can spot the fake messages, they don't have the persons picture on the message window. Assuming that person has added on. Anyway, she tried everything...adaware, spybot, ect. It's a waste of time, it just keeps coming back. Even got to the point that messenger wouldn't even allow you to sign in. I spent a whole stack of time looking at it tonight and finally just backed up the keep sakes and reformated and reinstalled. Looks like it did the trick I haven't seen any messenger links from that machine since. It sounds extreme but after looking for solutions for days on end and all you find are the same tired responses..."scan it with adaware!", you run out of steam. All the same though Don2007 makes a good point about the password...if someone has that then they can go willy nilly.
  • Shadow Knight
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Soy Cubano, no puedo ser diferent!!

Post 3+ Months Ago

Please download hijackthis from the following link:

http://www.download.com/Trend-Micro-Hij ... ?tag=mncol

and post the log here so that we can help you better to solve this issue

Thank you

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts