multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\windows\system32\DRIVERS

• Weakness
  • Born
  • Born
  • Weakness
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\windows\system32\DRIVERS\Mup.sys - this is an error i get after turning my computer off at the mains in a hurry, i've tried booting the computer in safe mode and the recently worked settings modes, it will load up the windows flag and then re-start over and over. I'm not incredibly computer literate but some help would be greatly appreciated.

Yours thankfully

Weakness
  • words
  • words
  • Loc: West Coast, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh boy Here goes...

I had a similar sounding problem. First, I received a message that MS recovered from a critical error. Then, after a minute or two the computer would shut down and a list of files from the driver folder would display for about 30 seconds. and then the boot menu would appear. "Safe Mode, reboot from last known configuration, Normal Mode" menu. The computer would sometimes keep cycling in a shutdown, start booting up then restart.

It turned out to be a corrupt driver from my Linksys USB Network Adapter. It was solved after I replaced the device with a dLink. And uninstalled the Linksys device.

Recommend: Unhook all unnecessary peripheral devices so all you have connected is monitor, keyboard, and mouse.

Uninstall devices by going to My Computer, right-click and select Properties, and then click on Device Manager. Click on the "+" beside the category then select a device. Right-Click the device and select Uninstall. Now keep track of which devices you Uninstall: Display Adapter, keyboard, mouse, USB network adapter if you have one, printer, etc and when you reboot your computer XP will install fresh drivers from a system file it stores.

In the case of the Linksys USB Network Adapter I had to uninstall the driver then reinstall it from CD it came with. Goto Start -> Control Panel -> Uninstall/Install Programs and uninstall the Linksys driver.

If that doesn't help then you may have to use the recover feature. Look for directions on how to use.

Cheers, Words
  • Weakness
  • Born
  • Born
  • Weakness
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the reply Words, i can't load on safe mode though :( anyone else got any suggestions as to what i should do?
  • linktopast30
  • Born
  • Born
  • linktopast30

Post 3+ Months Ago

My computer will not boot up beyond the mentioned spot [multi(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\Windows\system32\Drivers\Mup.sys]. Instead, it goes into a cycle of shutting down, rebooting and displaying the boot error menu, then booting again, and then shutting down. I'm told that running a CHKDISK utility should solve the problem, but the computer never gets to the point where I would be able to choose to run a CHKDSK. The computer stopped responding during the previous CHKDSK, and it was at the same point for a couple of hours before being turned off. Could this be the problem (the problem being that the CHKDSK was interrupted)?
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Try running it in recovery console. At the command prompt type: chkdsk C: /R

To access recovery console you'll need your installation disk.

Here's how to use recovery console
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314058
  • harissuhail
  • Born
  • Born
  • harissuhail

Post 3+ Months Ago

My computer will not boot up beyond the mentioned spot [multi(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\Windows\system32\Drivers\Mup.sys]. Instead, it goes into a cycle of shutting down, rebooting and displaying the boot error menu, then booting again, and then shutting down. I'm told that running a CHKDISK utility should solve the problem, but the computer never gets to the point where I would be able to choose to run a CHKDSK and more over i don't have CD ROM to run Recovery Console.
  • kellyk
  • Born
  • Born
  • kellyk

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am having the same problem as above. I began experiencing the problem after I plugged in a new presentation mouse although after a few reboots - it seemed to be working fine.

However, last night I inserted an SD card into the SD slot (the first time I attempted to use it) and when I rebooted after the PC didn't recognize the SD card, the laptop never rebooted properly.

This is a new Dell Latitude (2 weeks old). Clearly related to the driver - please help!
  • wichitagirl
  • Born
  • Born
  • wichitagirl

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm having the same problem only it's with netbook. I have no idea what to do.
  • minharte1
  • Born
  • Born
  • minharte1

Post 3+ Months Ago

i have an acer laptop and is doing the same thing. You cannot even go into any thing.... I have tried safe mode, safe mode with networking, etc, etc, etc.... when its running I am trying to hit, f1 or f2 etc - hoping this will help (lucky I have an older laptop to use in the meantime)...

I am going to take out the battery and so if this helps.

Hope someone can help us....

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts