Multiple *.pst files with distribution lists

• guitarlover
  • guitarlover

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

I actually did a search for the answer but couldn't find anything.

I was creating a distribution list in Outlook when an associate of mine suggested that I incorporate folder (*.pst) she had on her computer. I moved the folder to my computer. I can open the new .pst just fine as a whole file. The problem starts when I tried to view it in the distribution list wizard. When I click on "select members", all I see is the default contacts folder. It won't show the new folder I dragged in.

Do I need to run the import wizard to see it? I can find no setting where I can make Outlook look for other *.pst files.

I then, stupid me, thought that if I made the new file a subfolder (I really need to keep the contacts separate from mine) that I would be able to see them then. To my suprise, they are now PART of the contacts.pst and even though they are a subfolder, I cannot separate the files without deleting the entire mess and starting over.

Any thoughts? Deleting and starting over is not too difficult if I find that I should have used the import wizard. The really important thing here is to keep the contact folders separate.

Thank you, Steve

PS I guess this problem may be a Godsend as I have discovered and have been looking over the forum and it looks as though it'll help me a lot and make me look like a hero at work! Thanks :D
  • jupiter
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: is my favourite word after subterfuge

Post 3+ Months Ago

Why dont you just run an export on that subfolder?
  • guitarlover
  • guitarlover

Post 3+ Months Ago

jupiter wrote:
Why dont you just run an export on that subfolder?

That's one of my options but I don't want to do that unless I can keep the files separate. That's why I'm hesitating to try.

Regards, Steve

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts