"my music" kills my explorer

• yoav46
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • yoav46

Post 3+ Months Ago

When I go into the "my music" folder (which i made under d:\my documents) my widows explorer crashes....
this never happens in any other folder!!!

what can I do??? :(
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Ragnar78
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Ragnar78

Post 3+ Months Ago

Does My Music folder contain other folders or files or both?

Cause sometimes some files might crash explorer (especially Movie files), and a lot of badly downloaded files through P2P.
So you should not let explorer check more then the type of file and not let it read in the file (to retreive band name, song name, or screenshot of the first fram of the movie)
  • yoav46
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • yoav46

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes, i have many files and folders of music that i downloaded mostly from emule.
i also have many *.jpg files with the covers of the music albums.
i made all the folders in thumbnail view so they show me the cover of the album.

how do i " not let explorer check more then the type of file and not let it read in the file "???

thank you very very much for helping me you are the best!!!
  • Ragnar78
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Ragnar78

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow wow..i didn't solve anything yet hehehe...

But anyway, try this...

Open Explorer and change the view of the actuall folder (of course not the My Music folder :P ) where you are to List (not Icons or Thumbnails...)

Then Click on Tools and Folder Options, and select the View Tab...

Press the Apply to All Folders button.

Now try to go into the My Music folder and if you can access it, try evry file you have (launch them), and the one that kills explorer again should be the one that was not being read properly

Hope this helps
  • shatter2day
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: N.Y.

Post 3+ Months Ago

something else you could do is move you music folder to your desktop, its pretty effective and you have much less trouble trying to find it
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Anchorage, AK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Also, check for virus's. Ive been working on computers for a while now, and its always best to check and make sure its not a problem thats been downloaded. When you are dealing with file downloads, its very likely to have a guy label a virus a song name, and then have you download it. I suggest checking your system with Norton. Its one of the best virus detection softwares out there.

Also, a good spyware detection software is always a plus too, such as Spybot. When spyware starts to build up on your system, it can really screw up the stability.

GL fixing the problem.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts