need help asap please. Thank you

• limpbzkt2002
  • limpbzkt2002
  • Loc: Topeka

Post 3+ Months Ago

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I am having a problem with my xp home. I have two user names, and when i tried to load either one, it goes to the desktop and then closes out. Nothing comes up at all. I have a paper on this machine and i can't get to it. Please Help

Thanks
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

For now...when the boot sreen comes up and the XP thing starts to load hit F8 and select "safe mode"...when you are there (safe mode) Copy your paper to floppy and take it to some other computer and go from there. You can fix you computer later after you get your paper back.
  • OLE!
  • OLE!
  • Loc: OC

Post 3+ Months Ago

Perhaps another sad case of trashed user profiles, in which case you may not have the ability to access those user accounts even in safe mode. Try logging into the Administrator user account in safe mode. If you can log in, you can access the other user profiles, and recover your paper. You should also create a new user account for yourself while you are here. :)
  • OLE!
  • OLE!
  • Loc: OC

Post 3+ Months Ago

OR, perhaps you are able to log into the accounts, and when you log in, there are no icons, and no toolbar? If this is the case, access the task manager, and click "file" then "new task." Type in "explorer.exe." If explorer not loading is the problem, you sould now have Your icons, and start menu back.
  • Vidda
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Vidda

Post 3+ Months Ago

Reinstall Windows over your actual Windows folder (Don't delete it before!!). Thats what I did and my accounts worked fine after.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts