[reward] need help fixing win xp

• PenTaGon
  • Student
  • Student
  • PenTaGon
  • Loc: FL

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just reformatted my PC with win xp pro SP1. I was having a problem with programs hanging and not being able to end the process. After reformatting little has changed. I know for a fact that I reformatted, everything is wiped clean. Programs will hang for no apparent reason, little things like clicking a button will set it off...and once one program hangs they all do..then I end up having to reboot. This happens many times a day.

I have no viruses or spyware. My pc is a 2ghz amd athlon with 1gb ram.

So here's the deal. If someone can provide me with a solution I will pay $50 in paypal. No I am not going to rip anyone off, it would be more then worth $50 if I can fix this problem. Please contact me via PM if interested or email me at kyle@netraid.net

if you have any questions for me msg me.

thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• SecureITGroup
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

are all of your drivers up to date. Run windows up date and grab everything Critical Updates, Windows Xp updates, and Driver Updates.
  • SecureITGroup
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Also press Ctrl +Alt + Delete and click on the Processes tab and see if one particular process is hogging the CPU.
  • megatron
  • Born
  • Born
  • megatron

Post 3+ Months Ago

Dude, 1st of all check if every cooler in your machine is "Surgery" clean, and if they are n' ur all up-to-date (xhaps ur problem is Sasser) then take off the RAM Modules, clean them with a smooth dry tissue, and do the same with the video card. If you've done all this and the problem keeps on, then u should really consider getting a Brand New 512/1024 MB DDR (333~400 Mhz) RAM Module (Throwing the one you have in the friggin garbage :P)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts