Need help getting rid of antispy check

• kats642
  • Born
  • Born
  • kats642

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,
Is there a way I can find antispy check in my computer system and get rid of it completely? I cannot seem to find it and cannot find any of the Hkey files I've been told to find and delete. I am looking for a free and safe way to get rid of it. Thanks! Kathy
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

If antispy is running, Hijack This should report it. Download it & run it. It's free.
  • kats642
  • Born
  • Born
  • kats642

Post 3+ Months Ago

Don2007,
I'm not sure what you mean. Is Hijack something that I should download to get rid of antisy check? If so, is it safe to download and will it get rid of antispy check completely from my computer?
Thanks! Kathy
  • kats642
  • Born
  • Born
  • kats642

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,
I think I may have hopefully removed antispy check from my computer by downloading a free sample of kaspersky anti-virus 2011 and scanning, but I'm not sure. It found one virus and removed it(not sure if it was antispy check or not). Is there a way I can go into somewhere on the computer and make sure it's gone? I never saw antispy check(exact words) in the computer anywhere other than what came up when I first turned the computer on, so I'm not sure how to check if it's gone. I know that even if it doesn't come up anymore when I turn the computer on, it could still be somewhere in the computer. If anyone could please tell me how to check, I would appreciated it. Thanks! Kathy
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hijack This reports all running processes. If antispy is still running. It will tell you.

I told you to download it & then you asked me if you should download it.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Don, the fact she called it "Hijack" and not "Hijack This" makes me think she has no idea what you were talking about. I know most of us around here know what it is, but I am guessing she was confused by your previous post and what you meant. Kathy, you can obtain Hijack This here:

http://free.antivirus.com/hijackthis/

Quote:
Trend Micro HijackThis is a free utility that generates an in depth report of registry and file settings from your computer. HijackThis makes no separation between safe and unsafe settings in its scan results giving you the ability to selectively remove items from your machine. In addition to this scan and remove capability HijackThis comes with several tools useful in manually removing malware from a computer.

IMPORTANT: HijackThis does not determine what is good or bad. Do not make any changes to your computer settings unless you are an expert computer user.

Advanced users can use HijackThis to remove unwanted settings or files.

So download that, and run it as Don2007 mentioned, and you should be able to tell from the report if antispy is running.
  • kats642
  • Born
  • Born
  • kats642

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you for explaining what Hijack is. Kathy

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts