I need help with a keylogger.

• Computer-Noob
  • Born
  • Born
  • Computer-Noob

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, I think I have a key logger on my computer. I've looked through the forums for help but, the problem is I can't download Trend Micro. It says it is incompatible with a certain file that is on my computer. The file is Norton 360. I have done virus scans but nothing has shown up. I also downloaded Spybot Search and Destroy and ran it. Spybot found quite a few programs/files on my computer that are harmful to my computer but I don't understand whether the file that is harmful to my computer, I need or don't need. Can someone help me please?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Have you tried uninstalling Norton 360?

Removal tool download:
https://www-secure.symantec.com/norton- ... vid=f-home
  • Computer-Noob
  • Born
  • Born
  • Computer-Noob

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well the thing is... I recently bought my Norton 360 not too long ago... and would it end my subscription?
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

It wouldn't end your subscription, but it is never a good idea to have more than one virus scanner running. So either choose to keep Norton 360, or uninstall it and install trend. Both are good products, so it's up to you. But you don't need both.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

The other question that comes to mind is why do you think you have a keylogger?
  • Computer-Noob
  • Born
  • Born
  • Computer-Noob

Post 3+ Months Ago

Alright, but how come Norton 360 cannot detect the keylogger? and can Trend Micro detect it? are there any other solutions for getting rid of a keylogger?
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Neither can detect it if you don't have one. If you have one, both products will probably detect it.
  • Computer-Noob
  • Born
  • Born
  • Computer-Noob

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okay I will run a full system scan with Norton and see what happens. If something happens, or if i find something in the future I will post. Thanks for you help.
  • cmicheelly01
  • Born
  • Born
  • cmicheelly01

Post 3+ Months Ago

Computer-Noob wrote:
the problem is I can't download Trend Micro. It says it is incompatible with a certain file that is on my computer. The file is Norton 360.

Can't you stop or exit running Norton 360 for a while? (not uninstall just stop it for a time), some keyloggers with DC can pass firewall, like refog, anykeylogger and so on.

Computer-Noob wrote:
I also downloaded Spybot Search and Destroy and ran it. Spybot found quite a few programs/files on my computer that are harmful to my computer but I don't understand whether the file that is harmful to my computer, I need or don't need.

If there programs or files are not important and necessary, just delete them. Then download and install them from a trustworthy resouce.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts