Need a software to monitor disconnections?

• alamode
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Pakistan

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okey this sounds weird but im actually in need of a software which would keep running and when i open it, it would tell me the number of times my DSL connection has lost connection to the internet. Actually im facing sync/unsync problems like every 2-3 hours. My DSL modem unsyncs and then connects to the internet again. Its really irritating specially when you're playing online. So i just wanted to monitor how many times its actually losing connection. My computer is almost always on but im not on it most of the time so i cant do it manually.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

Have you looked into Event Viewer? It should log an event every time your network card loses its IP address?
  • alamode
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

I looked into event viewer, and i dont really know what to look for in there.

Actually my modem unsyncs, so bytes stop transfering. It shows on the computer that its connected but the modem's DSL light is blinking and i cant open up any webpages.

So i was wondering if there was a software which could monitor the times the bytes stopped transferring.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

If it's the modem that keeps disconnecting, perhaps you should talk to your DSL providor. The modem may be faulty. If it's your network card that disconnects, look into updated drivers. I had a similar issue with a wireless card on broadband a couple weeks ago. I had inadvertantly installed some bad drivers from a Windows update. Updating the drivers from the manufacturer's website fixed it. You really don't need to bother with monitoring software. That's not going to solve anything. You need to find the cause of the problem and fix it. Check into the two troubleshooting solutions above. One or the other is probably the most likely cause.
  • alamode
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Actually the ISP's over here dont really have any customer support what so ever and i dont think its the Modem which's faulty because i used another modem that i have and i faced the same problem.
  • alamode
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ah, i've changed my internal wiring. The wire that comes from the road into my home and then goes into my room, i've gotten it changed. It seems that its not disconnecting now but it would be great if there was any software through which i could monitor it.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts