I need some BIG help please.

• Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Anchorage, AK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, heres the deal. I need to help my dad set up his computer runing Linux as the main OS, and then runing WindowsXP as a shelf program. I know its possible, and I have a friend who did it, but hes unavailable. Anyone know exactly how to do this and can give me a list/website on how to get it set up?

Also, my only qualm with windowsXP is that you have to report your system to Microsoft before they allow you to finish the install. I dont like the idea of reporting to Microsoft(actually my dads words, but whatever). Are there any hacks that yall know of to get me around this?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

You need to do a dual boot. There are multiple threads and discussions at OZZU that answer how to do that. (not to mention Google). There are no hacks that are of legitimate nature to get around XP activation unless it's an illegit copy to begin with. Hence for both reasons this topic is locked.

Sorry Smokenjoe...you've been around long enough...you should know better.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

For the record on Smokenjoe's behalf, we cleared this up in PM. The topic remains locked. If he can't find an answer from my suggestions, he can certainly reopen a new topic on the problems encountered.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts