Need a Wifi Antenna 10-km

• optiplex
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • optiplex

Post 3+ Months Ago

helloo experts :lol:

i really need wireless Antenna range 10-km if anybody have any information or solution please tell me

i wait your response.
:arrow:
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

You have to be joking.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

He isn't alone, there are people looking to do the same thing. I started to look into and then realized this is silly and probably expensive.
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

I know that he isn't alone. I was in Staples, talking to an employee. A customer with his you son approached & said "My laptop won't connect." The employee asked "How far are you away from the router?" The customer replied "Eleven miles."
  • optiplex
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • optiplex

Post 3+ Months Ago

please help me i don't like joking.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

OK so I got curious and checked and actually found one.
http://www.surveillance-video.com/mimlw ... elid=FROOG

I have no idea how old that product is, but at least Microtek makes/made one that has a range of 10km (6 miles). It operates on 802.11a and realistically only a speed of 20mbs per second so I don't know how practical that is. Might want to give Microtek a call and see if they have any "current" solutions.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

The throughput you are going to get is more than likely going to be awful. There are so many variables that could make this connection not worth the cost and effort. A grand on 30mbs per second is not worth it in my opinion.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah. I also found http://www.rfwel.com/shop/MDS-Mercury-3650-WiMax.html which appears to have a range of up to 14 miles. I found a couple of Proxim Tsunami products also, but it appears most if not all the long range solutions are operating at 3.65GHz which at least in the US will require FCC licensing/registration.
  • optiplex
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • optiplex

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks sir it is very costly if you have diagram or and other solution please provide me i visit it information is very low.

tell me that indoor or outdoor.

ATNO/TW wrote:
Yeah. 3.65GHz which at least in the US will require FCC licensing/registration.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

The question to ask is what are you exactly trying to achieve?

You're not going to get the help you need if you cannot tell us what you are trying to do. Sure we can randomly post links and whatever else but that isn't exactly helpful since you can search Google just as good as we can.
  • optiplex
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • optiplex

Post 3+ Months Ago

sir

i want make low-cost and long range Wifi antenna.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Can't be done. Anything you do in the range you are talking about is going to be higher end and it's going to be expensive. I use a WAN here to have accessibility on my campus. We are talking less than a mile range to join 4 buildings to the network. My setup requires a Base Station and antenna at the main building, 3 external subscriber units and their respective antennas, 7 access points and two switches, not to mention the cat5e cable runs to connect them internally. They are all line of site. All told the system and installation was approximately $10,000 US. If you are trying to go 11Km with yours, you most likely won't be able to go with a cheaper line of site solution so you could expect that any system that might work for you will be even more expensive.

Regardless, a forum is not where you are going to get the information that you need. You need to find a company or two in your area that specializes in WAN solutions and get a couple in to help you plan out your network and give you estimates of cost, since cost will vary by location and equipment availability.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts