Netsend under Windows7?

• clement77490
  • clement77490

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,.

I want to send LAN message in our local network.

I used Netsend before but it disapeared under Windows7.

I know that netsend is no longer valid in Windows 7, so what can I use?

Thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.petri.co.il/msg-exe-net-send-vista.htm

Looks like starting with Vista net send was replaced by msg
  • clement77490
  • clement77490

Post 3+ Months Ago

Jai tried msg.exe with the following syntax but it na pas lair walk: msg.exe < name >/server: < connection server >

If I put my position for connection server problem I get (even happy: p).

On the other hand if I put the position of my colleague or his connection server, it me: < user > there is or is disconnected...=)

If at such an alternative, I'm licensee (and only do if it was easier to use because at the time of "/ server", and type the name of all users by hand to each message...).

Merci davance for your help!
  • clement77490
  • clement77490

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm looking for a way sending of popups from my workstation (Seven) to other ULP (XP and Seven).

Jai tried msg.exe with the following syntax but it na pas lair walk: msg.exe < name >/server: < connection server >

If I put my position for connection server problem I get (even happy: p).

On the other hand if I put the position of my colleague or his connection server, il me is: < user > there is or is disconnected

If at such an alternative, I'm licensee (and only do if it was easier to use because at the time of "/ server", and type the name of all users by hand to each message...). For moment I nai found quun soft pro: dmessage.

Merci davance for your help!
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Clement, the translation from what appears to be your French to English is not coming across well. It is difficult to understand what you are saying / asking. However, as best I can tell, MSG.EXE is not backward compatible with XP or earlier operating systems, and likewise NETSEND will not work with Vista or Windows 7. To date I have not found a third party application that will make it work.
  • gnuman-fromeast
  • Born
  • Born
  • gnuman-fromeast

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello,

Effectively, NetSend feature is no longer valid under Windows7, and MSG feature exist for other purposes.
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

There is small networking software that can manage a netsend feature in windows 7 but instead of netsend, just use these programs private version of netsend across the network and even get a GUI with it.

there is a few alternatives.
  • davidsmith100
  • Born
  • Born
  • davidsmith100

Post 3+ Months Ago

You could try a program called Screen Popup 3.00. We use it on our Windows 7 PCs, and it also works on Windows XP.

It looks nicer than net send - can be a little fiddly to setup, but once it's working it's a dream.

It's freeware so no cost. Can't post links on this site, but go to the softpedia website and search for "screen popup 3.00".

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts