network problem in windows 2000 server

• azadeh
  • Born
  • Born
  • azadeh
  • Loc: Iran

Post 3+ Months Ago

I installed Windows 2000 server on my PC , just as I specified a valid ip address and I connected it to Internet, some problems occured for it such as nothing wasn't in add & remove programs and I couldn't open the properties page of Internet connection anymore and it alerts that an unexpected error occured. I should mention that I changed the PC but my problem wasn't solved. I know that my PC doesn't have any PC because I formatted several times and scanned it with antivirus.When I disconnect it from network , it doesn't have any problem or if I connect it physically to network but don't specify an IP address for it , the problem won't occur. I even changed the IP address but there was no change.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• fade_to_black
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • fade_to_black
  • Loc: Dallas, TX

Post 3+ Months Ago

It could be a hardware conflict, go into Device manager and see if you see any yellow exclamation points next to any of the hardware devices listed.
  • azadeh
  • Born
  • Born
  • azadeh
  • Loc: Iran

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello fade_to_black,

Thank you for your reply. I solved my PC's problem with the help of one of my

colleagues in the way that I installed microsoft patch for fixing RPC hole in windows

which had been attacked by Worm blaster. I was wondering why immediately after

connecting to Internet this problem occurs. Once I saw msblaster in the task manager

but the other time it didn't exist there while the problem exists. Installing all of

the recommended patches before solving the problem wasn't possible since the network connection failed during installation due to the problem. So I installed the patch I mentioned at the beginning and then installed othe patches.

Goodbye
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

great to hear, and thanks for taking the time to post the
answer. someone else may come along and need this info,
thanks again.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts