Network With IP Problem

• bluedragon
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • bluedragon

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well ok I use the linksys Wireless Broadband Router Model:BEFW11S4. ok my problem is i want to run a server to host my website but I dont know how to do it. The problem is that I can access it inside the network but not outside. The IP is 192.168.2.101 or 192.168.2.3 When I try to acces it on a remote computer I cant because thats a network IP. On the Advanced+IP Forwarding and got nowhere. Then I tried Advanced+Static IP got nowhere. I need to find out how to change the IP to like 66.229.13.265 or something. Please help me out. BTW I use WinXP and server software is Abyss WebServer.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Borrow -A- Geek
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Dallas/Ft Worth, Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

well the problem is that your 192.168 ip addresses are internal ip addresses assigned by your router. if you are wanting to run a web server from your pc then you will want to go into your linksys admin webpage and click advanced then click the forwarding tab. and forward port 80 to your pc's internal ip address in the network...

hope that helps
  • bluedragon
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • bluedragon

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well see I dont know how to forward ports. below is a link to the screenshot of what I have already done but people still type in 192.168.2.101 and thats a network ip so they cant use it. I have been trying to fix this for 3 weeks now and no one seems to want to help so I basically gave up until someone will help.

http://66.229.16.191/lam/pictures/portforward.jpg

thats a friends server.
  • bluedragon
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • bluedragon

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well see now I have installed MySQL but I dont have the slightest clue on how to use it. The one I have was a 180 day trial but i found a crack for the full. But I still dont know how to use it all I know how to do is press start.
  • Borrow -A- Geek
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Dallas/Ft Worth, Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

you arent going to give people your 192.168 web address you are going to foward all traffic from your real ip address (66.128.xxx.xxx) and they will be using port 80 for the browser. the router then forwards all traffic from that ip address to the internal ip address that you specify, ie. the 192.168.xxx.xxx ...
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

i hate to say it, but it sounds to me like you need to spend some time learning about your router, IP, and some other
things before diving so deep into a difficult subject like this.
  • bluedragon
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • bluedragon

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok thanks anyways.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts