Never Use Windows Vista

• ivenms
  • Born
  • Born
  • ivenms

Post 3+ Months Ago

Iam the user of Windows Vista. I gone with Vista because of unavailability of other options. Windows will shutdown its support for XP after few years like they done with 98 and other operating systems.

So I brought Vista Home Edition.

My computer configurations:
  • Core 2 duo processor.
  • I GB DDR2 RAM.
  • 160 GB Hard Disk
  • And other best available features.

Problems suffering with Windowis Vista:
  • Taking about 3 to 5 minuets for Logging and Sutting Down.
  • Gives many error messages with good application programs.
  • It is 4 times slower than XP for any Operating System Operation like File Deletion.
  • It is impossible to think of copying a set of large files even from folder to folder.
  • Many times, computer get restarted because of malicious program (no mechanism for managing this kind of errors).

Iam sending atleast 2 error reports to them daiily. Now heard about their release of Vista Service Package. Hopping to improve my computer's performance with that. But my humble request to others is: "NEVER USE WINDOWS VISTA"
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

You must be doing something wrong.

I have a few buddies who use Vista and they don't have any problems with it like that.
I spent a weekend with Vista at a buddies house and didn't have any problems going through my daily routine.
  • Merlyn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would consider running a check to see what kind of processes you have running because I haven't found too many issues aside from gaming incompatibilities with Vista.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have yet to have an issue with Vista. I have one desktop and 3 laptops running Vista Ultimate and no issues yet.
  • ivenms
  • Born
  • Born
  • ivenms

Post 3+ Months Ago

There are many on web who giving complaints about Vista and many of the Vista users degraded to XP.

Today I installed vista's first service packa and not reported any problem after that. Looking forward positively.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't have many issues with vista the main one I suffer with is their calculating time when transfering many files. This issue wasn't fixed in SP1.
  • casey_brand

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah same here I'm using vista home edition and the only problem I encountered is my dvd drive is not visible in "my computer", but I manage to solve the problem :)

I can say vista is quite cool :)
  • mikkel
  • Born
  • Born
  • mikkel

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have Vista ultimate and had a few teething problems but got better when I added more memory
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Any of you tried Vista Business on a Domain yet? After next month no more option for XP Pro so going to have to start buying new computers with it for the Network.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

I haven't done Business Edition but I have done Ultimate Edition on a domain. Not so bad once you get used to it.

I have to start doing testing for Vista here pretty soon.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
Any of you tried Vista Business on a Domain yet? After next month no more option for XP Pro so going to have to start buying new computers with it for the Network.

We use Vista Business on a domain with no problems.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

that's good to hear. I'm reluctant to upgrade my laptop because I have some really expensive programs like Studio 8 and Adobe Production Suite, and have no clue how they will be affected.

I have a Vista Business Upgrade install disk. Does anyone know if I install it and decide it causes too many issues can I uninstall it and roll back to XP?
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Steve said if you have those kinda programs and are not looking to upgrade them then you may be best to stick with XP as its supported until 2014 anyway.

This PDF document http://www.adobe.com/support/products/p ... _vista.pdf gives a full list of what can and cannot run on Vista.

The two programs you have are both mentioned in it.
  • snail
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • snail

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmm...I have seen shutdown times on vista longer than 3 hours.
If you MUST "upgrade" to vista: can you buy a laptop with vista on it for cheaper?(used or new?)
can you have a dual boot on your current computer?
can you (this might seem absurd) use an older computer for vista?
can you use an older computer with XP, and switch your current computer's HDD with a "new" one with vista/ to have vista installed on it?

Just some suggestions.

Can vista be run on a virtual machine?(I don't even know what this means)
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes Vista can be installed on a virtual machine ... a virtual machine just creates another computer on your computer ... we use it here at work to test backwards compatibility for older OSs ...

And then, shutdown times longer than 3 hours ... I'm sorry to say, but there's something else wrong ... or you may have a 486 ...

An as for me ... I have Vista ... got it for free at work ... so I installed it, and have not had problems yet ... I have had it since at least the beginning of the year if not longer ...

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 15 posts