my new toshiba laptop with windows vista keeps shutting down

• dinad
  • Born
  • Born
  • dinad

Post 3+ Months Ago

i just got a new laptop from toshiba with windows vista and it keeps shutting down at random ,and it says that it shutdown to protect data, :cry: is there is defect with the laptop or is a windows vista problem its driving me crazyyyy plzzz help me.
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

I haven't used Vista yet and probably won't for at least a year but I would suggest looking in system properties, startup and recovery and see if there is an option to stop the automatic shutdown.
Your laptop should be under warranty. Consider calling them.
  • toshiba
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • toshiba

Post 3+ Months Ago

not the Vista problem, i think, it may due to the low power of the battery. when you first get a new laptop, the battery has discharge for a long time, so, it's practical capacity is lower than the standard capacity of the Toshiba laptop battery. you'd better over charge the battery for 4-5 hours and discharge it 100% empty. and it can return the standard capacity.

good luck!
  • grishamist
  • Student
  • Student
  • grishamist

Post 3+ Months Ago

Maybe the Vista OS is the problem because of the prompting of "shutdown to protect data". Try to reinstall or even change your OS to Windows XP and if you have the same bug, maybe it has some problems regarding on the hard drive or the RAM.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts