New virus called bridge.exe

• ThATKiD
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: somewere over there

Post 3+ Months Ago

I got infected unfortunately . I don't know how i got it i searched it on google but i only found ppl with the same questions as me. Nortons is scanning as we speak but according to other ppl nortons wont even pick it up. Only things i downloaded yesterday were Mozilla Firefox, and Neotrace trail.

Bridge.exe showed up first and zonealarm blocked it afterwards msbb.exe showed up then several more but i cant remember the names. I don't know what it does and im not planning on letting it get online. Anyone have any ideas?

** ATNO when this happened to me i immediately thought of your problem upon closer inspection i found this http://www.freedomlist.com/forum/viewto ... &start=200
its a forum topic somewere i found on google. But the guys problems sounds very similar to yours and there is a microsoft link on how to remove the problem causing program.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

msbb.exe is spyware as the link you provided indicated. I successfully got rid of it from my employee's computer with Adaware.

Norton will detect viruses, trojans, worms etc...but may not necessarily pick up on or remove spyware/adware proggies. Do a quick Google search for Adaware or Spybot. Those are probably the two better proggies most of us use. Either one should fix your problem.
  • ThATKiD
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

i got rid of it already i have nortons 2004 pro and it gets rid of adware spyware etc. just fine turns out from last weeks scan to now i have 19!!! instances. i dont know were these thing are coming from anymore. I have ZoneAlarm Pro Norton Pro and still they got in !!

** WOW!!! i have 117 instances in my comp dispite nortons and my friend had over 300 nice program
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just a guess -- are you using Limewire or Kaaza? If so they be your culprits. If so, (no matter how much it hurts), nix 'em if you want to keep your computer spyware/adware/virus free.
  • ThATKiD
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah unfortuantly thanks alot ATNO
  • Heart
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Welcome To, Crazy World!

Post 3+ Months Ago

Also, note that the NEWEST version of AIM is FULL of spyware. I HIGHLY suggest to anyone who has the new version to uninstall it and download the older version.. You can find all the old versions at http://www.oldversion.com
  • Ragnar78
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Ragnar78

Post 3+ Months Ago

well PCCillin just caught Trojan_Bridge_A in my system Volume Information wich is pretty cool...nut when i check for i's name in the virus knowlege DDB of Trenmicro it only finds a Macro namde bridge and for the 97office suite :?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts