norton antivirus

  • mas77
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 258

Post 3+ Months Ago

just a quick question here, is norton antivirus 2004 more powerfull than the 2003 one
  • sniffy
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 11

Post 3+ Months Ago

No. It just has updated virus protection and of course a slightly different interface :?
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 6375
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm still using 2002, works the same.
  • HisHerbTheWizard
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • HisHerbTheWizard
  • Posts: 5
  • Loc: Fredericksburg, VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

norton is a big back door to your computer i recommend no one use it use something like avg u can get it at grisoft.com its free or u can buy it whatever u want to do just telling you have a great day
  • Cae
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 734

Post 3+ Months Ago

huh? what big back door? i use norton, the US goverment uses norton... what big back door?
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 23460
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

HisHerbTheWizard wrote:
norton is a big back door to your computer i recommend no one use it use something like avg u can get it at grisoft.com its free or u can buy it whatever u want to do just telling you have a great day


*huh? where did this come from? Would love to see the evidence on this one.
  • beings
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 539
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Same here, ive trusted norton for a long time and have never had any problems with it. As far as im consered its just as good as AVG, possibly better. The symantec company does a great job in finding the latest viruses by using its Bloodhound technology. Then you send a new virus that bloodhound caught to symantec to analyse. A highly effective system if i would say so.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 23460
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm not quite certain that any of the "free" anti Virus protection software execs come with these kind of credentials:

Note:
John W. Thompson President and CEO
http://www.ups.com/content/corp/about/e ... mpson.html
(Also note board director of UPS)

John G. Schwarz - President and Chief Operating Officer
http://www.dal.ca/inspire/news/spring20 ... wartz.html
(note - "For 25 years, he was a member of the select Senior Management Group of IBM")

Jannice Kaffin - Senior VP and Chief Marketing Officer
http://www.forbes.com/finance/mktguidea ... nId=265704
(note - 21 year career at Hewlett Packard)

Need I go on?

I ask again -- Where are these backdoors we are talking about? If I can take a risk on trusting an antivirus company, I will take the risk on one who's leaders have those kind of credentials.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 23460
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

beings wrote:
Same here, ive trusted norton for a long time and have never had any problems with it. As far as im consered its just as good as AVG, possibly better. The symantec company does a great job in finding the latest viruses by using its Bloodhound technology. Then you send a new virus that bloodhound caught to symantec to analyse. A highly effective system if i would say so.


You've never seen the true value of Symantec until you've run the Enterprise edition on a network. It Rocks!
  • HisHerbTheWizard
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • HisHerbTheWizard
  • Posts: 5
  • Loc: Fredericksburg, VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

i have used norton once and it never detected my viruses and when i used another virus scanner it found all kinds i havent used norton for awhile maybe they have fixed the problem but it used to leave an open for people to access your computer but i will find out for everyone sorry if i am wrong and sorry if i affended anyone but that was souly my opinion and what had happened to me in the past and to a few people i know that are high end computer people but please forgive me if i am wrong i am not tryin to give false information just trying to help and learn more about computers as i go like i said in another post im only 15 trying to learn as much as possible about computers to help others
  • Cae
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 734

Post 3+ Months Ago

you have to keep your virus def files up to date... b/c if you are using def files from 2002, it certainly wont detect any of the new virii
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 23460
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

HisHerbTheWizard wrote:
i have used norton once and it never detected my viruses and when i used another virus scanner it found all kinds i havent used norton for awhile maybe they have fixed the problem but it used to leave an open for people to access your computer but i will find out for everyone sorry if i am wrong and sorry if i affended anyone but that was souly my opinion and what had happened to me in the past and to a few people i know that are high end computer people but please forgive me if i am wrong i am not tryin to give false information just trying to help and learn more about computers as i go like i said in another post im only 15 trying to learn as much as possible about computers to help others


I don't think anyone is offended. It just struck some of us as a bit odd to hear that's all. In fact, Symantec already released a patch to the enterprise edition to owners of it to plug up a potential risk for XP SP2. I just got that in the mail last week. I have a lot of confidence in their product. Since I installed it in my network over six months ago, it has stripped every virus out of every single email since then. The users don't even get the virus attachment that used to be included.
  • mas77
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 258

Post 3+ Months Ago

UNFLUX wrote:
I'm still using 2002, works the same.


so I've got to ask, how come you are still using 2002 untill now as I 'm using the 2003 and it expired 2 days ago
  • NaNoBoT
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 214

Post 3+ Months Ago

mas77 wrote:
UNFLUX wrote:
I'm still using 2002, works the same.


so I've got to ask, how come you are still using 2002 untill now as I 'm using the 2003 and it expired 2 days ago


format your computer, install Norton again and you will have another year for free.....
  • mas77
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 258

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks heaps dude, you saved my buck
  • mas77
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 258

Post 3+ Months Ago

by the way, would that be the same thing if I do a "system recovery" instead of formatting

Post Information

  • Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 36 guests
  • You cannot post new topics in this forum
  • You cannot reply to topics in this forum
  • You cannot edit your posts in this forum
  • You cannot delete your posts in this forum
  • You cannot post attachments in this forum
 
cron
 

© 1998-2014. Ozzu® is a registered trademark of Unmelted, LLC.