notepad on steriods

• Borrow -A- Geek
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Dallas/Ft Worth, Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

you guys gotta check this awesome lil tools out... it is called editpad pro.. i liked it sop much i replace my windows notepad with this.. it has everything you could ever want for the power coder like line numbering, color coding (custom to almost every type of code like php, perl, sql, html etc) and it is very tweakable... it also has a search feature that lets you search & Replace "all open documents"... anyway the lite version is free but it is stripped from all the cool features... but imho it is worth every penny for the price they are asking.. especially if you code with notepad.
here is the link to their site...

Quote:
EditPad™ Pro
Mighty Fine Text EditorEditPad ProEditPad Pro is the finest text editor available from JGsoft. EditPad Pro works just fine under Windows 95, 98, ME, NT4, 2000 and XP.

Convenience is its number one design goal. You can use EditPad Pro all day long without it getting into the way of what you are trying to do. When you use search & replace and the spell checker functionality, for example, you do not get a nasty popup window blocking your view of the document you are working on, but a small, extra pane just below the text. If you often work with many files at the same time, you will save time with the tabbed interface and the Project functionality for opening and saving sets of related files.

EditPad Pro offers you all the functionality you expect from a powerful text editor. You get all the regular features like syntax coloring, line numbering, bookmarks, auto indent, paragraph symbols, etc. But you also get powerful options that other text editors often lack. Many preferences can be made for each kind of file. File types can be text files, Java source code, HTML files or whatever you specify. Not just the syntax coloring, but also auto indent, word wrap, line numbering, etc. are all file type specific. You need auto indent when writing source code, but not when writing a letter to your best friend.

If you often share text files with other people, or work with different systems, like a desktop PC and a web server, EditPad Pro's conversion features will make your life much simpler. EditPad Pro automatically detects if a file uses Windows, UNIX or Macintosh line breaks, and keeps things that way unless you explicitly ask the format to be changed. You can still use any old DOS files you may have and convert them from the DOS to the Windows character set, and even back. You can have Unicode files, in UCS-2 or UTF-8 encoding, automatically converted into ANSI files for editing. Or you can opt for manual conversion from Unicode to ANSI or back.

http://www.editpadpro.com/editpadpro.html

screenshots
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

All I gotta say is this notepad is awesome. I love the mass search and replace too, I no longer have to use CuteHTML for that. Also I love the fact that when word wrap is off it never wraps when the line gets too long, unlike Windows Notepad for which eventually the lines are forced to wrap even when wrap is disabled.
  • Steen
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

notepad.exe on steriods = metapad.exe !!!

been using it for years ...
  • Borrow -A- Geek
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Dallas/Ft Worth, Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

Steen wrote:
notepad.exe on steriods = metapad.exe !!!

been using it for years ...

i have used meta pad before myself, but i honestly think this one is better.. try it out steen you might like it. :0) but then again im talkin to a guy that is still using win 98 cuz it is so stable and dependable... ughhh...

lol

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts