Opening a document

• kayla4me
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • kayla4me

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, I am clicking open on a document that usually opens in adobe acrobat, but it is bringing up a box with the options to open, save, cancel & more info. When I click open, a save as box pops up. I don't want to save the doc, just open it.

Any ideas.

FYI: It's Win NT!!

Thanks.
  • Freakyp
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: M'boro. TN, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmm.... well, it sounds to me like you are trying to open it via link on the internet? well, if that is the case just save it then open it, because some files will require you to download and save them before opening or executing them.... if this is not what your looking for maybe you should give us a liitle more info to go on.... hope it helps man :wink:
  • kayla4me
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • kayla4me

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the info.

It does let me save it and then open it through Adobe, but it used to just open right up in Adobe without the extra step. And yes, you were right when stating that is was a link on the internet.

Thanks for your help.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I see. I read this earlier today and didn't know exactly what was happening.

I'll assume you're using Adobe Reader 6 (If not, you might want to upgrade). Open the program itself (don't click a pdf file to do it)

With the program open, Click Edit | Preferences and click "Internet" on the left. On Web browser Options on the right check all four if they are not checked. In particular "Display PDF in browser" will fix your problem.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts