outlook express 6 problem

• floridafishandhunt.com
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I use the above metioned program for my email.
I have my main account that is set up through my isp.
myname@bellsouth.net

I have my email from my website ( Doug@Floridafishandhunt.com)
set up so that all my mail is forwarded to my bellsouth.net account .
I have no problem getting that mail but when I try to send an email from outlook I try and use the drop down bar and use my website account
to send it and it doesnt work I get an error this is the error.

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'dougsapusek@yahoo.com'. Subject '', Account: 'mail.floridafishandhunt.com', Server: 'mail.floridafishandhunt.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '554 <dougsapusek@yahoo.com>: Relay access denied', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 554, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

any suggestions?
Doug
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't know the reason for the error/ problem, but it does seem to be the long way of doing it. Outlook Express allows you to set up multiple identies.

Currently I have 13 identies on mine. Each Identity is a different email account I want to use OE to access vs. having to go to all the odds and ends online email versions.

Under File | Identies| Create a New Identity. Fill in the blanks in the wizard for the required information. Primarily you will need to know the POP server and SMTP server for Doug@Floridafishandhunt.com

After setup is complete you should be propmted to switch to the new Identity. To toggle back and forth between email accounts click File |Switch Identity and choose the one you want. This will completely bypass the bellsouthnet servers and should prevent you from getting future sendmail errors.

(It should go without saying you'll no longer need to have it forwarded to the bellsouth account)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts