outlook question from my user

• w2kxxoxx
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • w2kxxoxx

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi.. In our outlook 2000, all the unread mail will be shown as bold. But if we click on it and
(not open it) , it will show as unbold already even we have not yet opened it. How to make it
become unbold only when we open the mail??
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Interesting question. I was wondering just the opposite. With my Outlook 2000 I have a preview pane open and when I click on unread email, the email shows in the preview pane, but the "inbox" subject stays bold and the icon shows unread. In Outlook Express the icon and bold would change after about 5 seconds after clicking. I'll have to look in the AM at work and see if I can find the options setting if someone doesn't answer this beforehand.
  • LAbrego
  • brego from LA
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am asuming you have the preview pane open.
This works for Outlook 2002, check it and let me know how it goes

1- In outlook open Tools -> Options
2- Select the Others tab
3- Click on Preview Pane button
4- In the next window uncheck Mark item as read when selection changes

Hope it helps
  • The Dagger
  • Loc: Singapore

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO, I suspect that your preference for Outlook express has been set as Mark messages as read in preview window and the time has been set as 5 seconds or so.

To change it, its similar to what labrego outlined below.

1- In outlook open Tools -> Options
2- Select the Others tab
3- Click on Preview Pane button
4- From there, you can either uncheck all the options there to choose to not unbold the mails from the preview window at all. Or you could select the number of seconds before the bold attribute is changed (or in other words it is marked as read).

Hope this helps!
  • w2kxxoxx
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • w2kxxoxx

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanksss.. so much.. it works!!!!

I have another super funny request from my super funny user.. how to make mail item shown as replied (reply sign) manually. we have some share mailbox and read by a group of user. Some user complain to me that when they reply the mail , the mail won't show as replied sometimes. That's why other thought that it is not replied yet. Is that anyway to make the mail shown as replied manually??
  • The Dagger
  • Loc: Singapore

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well ... I am not too sure if its possible to mark a message as replied if you havent really replied to it as it is in this case. And I honestly feel that if your user gets such an error that the replied flag does not appear next to the message after the reply is sent, he/she should look into the email software.

I could suggest an alternative to you in this case anyway. Ask you user to:

1. right click on the message
2. select the 'Follow up' flag.
3. select 'No Response necessary' in the drop-down box in the next screen next to the 'Flag To' option.

This would cause a 'No Response Necessary' flag to appear telling your user that the mail has already been sent and no further action is necessary. To remove this flag, just right click the message again and select the 'Clear Flag' option.

Hope this helps!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts