Please help someone

• pampee
  • Student
  • Student
  • pampee
  • Loc: Philippines

Post 3+ Months Ago

I cant reformat my PC. I had this virus but i dont know what it is. Antivir did detect it but cant delete. Anyway my last option is to reformat my PC but when i boot my XP cd i wont boot. I tried the CD in other computer and it works. Now i cant start my PC it stops after memory test. The XP cd is working. Is this cause by the virus? Please help. I cant reformat or even log in to my PC. Thanks in advance.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Change your Boot Sequence order in the BIOS setup to boot to CD first. Many computers are not set up that way by default and try to boot to the hard drive first instead of the CD.
  • pampee
  • Student
  • Student
  • pampee

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh yes that thing too. When the PC says "Press any key to boot from CD" and ill press any key it does nothing. Do virus damage your PC even from booting?
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would unplug the cables from hard drive, and then try to boot the PC from CD. If the PC booted that way I would buy a new hard drive and throw any other worries I had away with the old drive.
  • pampee
  • Student
  • Student
  • pampee

Post 3+ Months Ago

I already change my Hard drive still nothing happened. It say BOOT FROM CD but after that my computer just stops but still has power. It say press any key and when i press any key to boot from CD nothing happens. Plase help please.
  • pampee
  • Student
  • Student
  • pampee

Post 3+ Months Ago

The hard drive is good. I put it in other PC and try to reformat it. Now its installing Windows XP. Later after this i will try to put it back to its previous PC. And hope it will run now or il try to reformat it again. Il post after i done this.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

If it doesn't work on the previous PC, it could be a BIOS virus or a hardware(motherboard/processor) failure - since you've seemingly eliminated the hard drive as a factor.
  • pampee
  • Student
  • Student
  • pampee

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes i think its a BIOS virus. Now the computer running good. But everytime i will boot my XP cd in it it wont boot. It just say PRESS ANY KEY and it wont respond then it goes to log on to Windows. I will try now to run AVAST anti virus in it. But even in safe mode i cant go in.
  • pampee
  • Student
  • Student
  • pampee

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just read that there really is a BIOS virus. And cleaning this up is so complicated. God.. Help.
  • pampee
  • Student
  • Student
  • pampee

Post 3+ Months Ago

I already installed Windows XP on my hard drive but i installed it using another PC. My board cant boot a CD and may i say i have a BIOS virus. But anyway computer overall seems working now. I dont have idea if that BIOS virus could do damage to other hardware in my PC. God.. I dont want to buy new motherboard.=( Antivirus could not detect it. Someone please help. Thanks.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is your keyboard a USB keyboard? If so go into the BIOS and ensure Enable USB Support is enabled.
  • pampee
  • Student
  • Student
  • pampee

Post 3+ Months Ago

Stupidity sometimes come in you.. Haha. I forgot ive changed keyboard last month i think and now its USB port. And i dont have any idea that this ENABLE USB SUPPORT have settings too in BIOS. What a relief. Thanks grinch! Thank you all of you guys. Thank you. As simple as that. Haha!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts