Pleeeease HELP ME!(by the way this is a true challenge

• krisi
  • Born
  • Born
  • krisi

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, I really need some help. I did something which seems to has no solution but I'm sure someone could help or at least give me an idea. So, what happened? I have an acer travelmate notebook and decided to connect it to a larger monitor. After a lot of searching and snooping around i did it by disactivating the acer monitor and the secong worked great (this happened before i knew I could do all that by just clicking one button...) SO after i had to get things how they were. But in the settings things have changed and i decided to switch off the second monitor as well, as i thought the first one would start. But unfortunately things didn't go as i wished. And now the result is that I've got a very well working notebook without a monitor and that refuses to accept any monitor because i disactivated the respective devices. The only one solution that i have got is to install the recovery disc and to loose all the info in the pc which is a good solution. But I cannot save the info I got because I have no monitor on which see what i'm doing.... So, please, if somebody can help me, feel free to do it. Thank you.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Have you tried repeatedly hitting F8 while the laptop boots to see if you can get into safemode with default monitor settings ?
  • krisi
  • Born
  • Born
  • krisi

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, I've tried each option when I got there but everything remained the same :(. Any other ideas? Anyway thank you very much.
  • AnarchY SI
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: /usr/src/MI

Post 3+ Months Ago

if you have an external hard drive or some other form of backup, you could throw in a linux livecd (which is an operating system that runs off a cd without having to install anything to the hard drive), such as ubuntu, and you could use that to backup your data to your external hard drive or backup device X.
  • krisi
  • Born
  • Born
  • krisi

Post 3+ Months Ago

I definitely think I have no external devices, but how does this livecd work?
  • AnarchY SI
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: /usr/src/MI

Post 3+ Months Ago

you just download the iso, burn the image to a disk and reboot your computer. as long as its set to boot from your cd-rom drive before booting to the hard drive it'll boot the cd. then everything is loaded off the cd and you're good to go. once its booted you have the option to install it to the hard drive, but its not necessary at all. you can't really save anything you do unless you upload the information somewhere or you choose to make your ntfs partition writable, but do you have another spare hard drive laying around? because you could also use that as a backup medium
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

How about removing the hard drive and putting it in another and back-up that way? Or fix settings or whatever you can do with a working monitor.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts