Plug and Play freezes my computer! Help!

• gulfofmex
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey Guys,

I'm having some major issues with my Plug and Play. I'm running windows XP, 2.80GHz, and 1.25 GB of ram. I've been trying to isolate the exact problem, but all I know is that when it is enabled, the system freezes upon startup. Then I have to turn it off, and then start the computer in safe mode and disable Plug and Play by right clicking "My Computer" going to manage, then clicking Services and Applications, and then finding it in services.

With it off my computer turns on and loads fine, but my keyboards extra buttons don't work, like the internet and email. Also, when it is off the sound does not work for some reason, no problem w/video though.

I have downloaded patches from microsoft with no help, I have reverted the drive, which fixed my problem until I restarted the computer, I've been messing around with this for a few days, so any help would be great, thanks.....

Also, I looked at the event viewer and I see a bunch of ESENT error, #'s 455, 489, 623. The catergories are Logging/Recovery, General, and Tansaction Manager respectively. I have no idea what they mean though.

Paul
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• gulfofmex
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

1)

Event Type: Error
Event Source: ESENT
Event Category: Logging/Recovery
Event ID: 455
Date: 2/23/2007
Time: 4:00:07 AM
User: N/A
Computer: PAUL
Description:
wuaueng.dll (2032) SUS20ClientDataStore: Error -1032 (0xfffffbf8) occurred while opening logfile C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore\Logs\edb.log.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

2)

Event Category: General
Event ID: 489
Date: 2/23/2007
Time: 4:00:06 AM
User: N/A
Computer: PAUL
Description:
wuauclt (2032) An attempt to open the file "C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore\Logs\edb.log" for read only access failed with system error 32 (0x00000020): "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. ". The open file operation will fail with error -1032 (0xfffffbf8).

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

3) I couldn't copy and past the info like the other ones

Event Category: Transaction Manager
Event ID: 623
Date: 2/25/2007

Catalog Database (1012) The version store for this instance (0) has reached its maximum size of 16Mb. It is likely that a long-running transaction is preventing cleanup of the version store and causing it to build up in size. Updates will be rejected until the long-running transaction has been completely committed or rolled back.
Possible long-running transaction:
SessionId: 0x051503C0
Session-context: 0x00000000
Session-context ThreadId: 0x00000BBC
  • thedead
  • Born
  • Born
  • thedead

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have the same issue...except those error codes!
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

For the original thread-starter...

You can try to reinstall esent.dll.

For error 1

For the second error... visit Miscrosoft Knowledge Database

For error 3

Don't know if that would help, but that's the help pages... (something similar to that :lol:)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts