Port Forwarding

• alamode
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Pakistan

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, i want to play Fifa 08 online on my ps3 but the manual gives me a list of ports that must be forwarded in order to play the game online. I am using DSL and i am using a Shiro DSL605EU modem which is then connected to a Dlink Wireless Router DI-524 and from that router i have connected 2 computers and my PS3 using a wired connection.

Now i have heard that i could do the setting to DMZ and i could avoid all the port forwarding crap ? Is that true? How do i turn on DMZ? Will i have to Turn on DMZ in both my Modem and my router because i saw DMZ option in both of them..

In my modem, there's only a tick box which says Enable DMZ so i can just tick that box and i think DMZ will be enabled? And in my Router when i open the DMZ option it asks me for an IP address.. Which IP address am i supposed to be putting in here?

Anyway my Modem's ip is 192.168.1.1 and my router is on 192.168.0.1 .. One of my friend told me they arent on the same subnet or something like that so it wont work properly. Is that true ?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.portforward.com is your best friend.

They don't have a guide on there for FIFA 2008 but they have one for FIFA 2007 and it says the router will not allow you to forward enough ports so you have to use the DMZ.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

I knew this sounded familiar

post490550.html

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts